Liquid 3.1 released!

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Anyone having wifi/data issues in 3.1?

I was using 3.2 and had those issues. I cleared cache, dalvick and did factory reset before restoring my backup of 3.1. It has been 2 weeks of seemingly no issues and now WiFi doesn't want to connect. And when it does and I leave WiFi area, 3G refuses to work. I have to turn on airplane mode(which doesn't respond in settings or power widget, reboot the phone and then turn airplane mode off to get either WiFi or 3G working.

I was thinking of doing a clean install of 3.1 because I don't really want to SBF to back to FroYo just to use 2.6 again. Maybe I could try CM7, but I really love Liquid.

Anyone have some hints on how to resolve data issues? Will a clean install even help?

clueless77

Reaction score
I only had issue with 3.2 the first time I flashed it, but the second time I had no issue, I put my issues down to trying to use script managers so I stopped

Edit: script mods not managers

BAD ASS X

bobbypatel1988

Reaction score
Hi all....I downloaded liquid 3.1 to sd but its not letting me install it from recovery ...my phone is not rooted can I still install it without rooting the phone?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hi all....I downloaded liquid 3.1 to sd but its not letting me install it from recovery ...my phone is not rooted can I still install it without rooting the phone? <br />
<br />

No. You need to be rooted to install this.

Sent From the Land Before Time...

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Sorry to say I will be at work all day from here on out. I will help you out later but I will need to know what Android version you are running, which can be found in Settings >About phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

clueless77

Reaction score
Also when i go into system recovery i wipe data and cache but when i go to apply update from sdcard it says E:signature verification failed

That's because you need to be in clockwork mod recovery, go into market and get Droid 2 bootstrap this will allow you to enter clockwork mod recovery from there you wipe data wipe cache and also dalvik cache which is in under advanced.

BUT BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CURRENT STOCK ROOTED SYSTEM. If any of this confuses you stop and research a little more

BAD ASS X

bobbypatel1988

Reaction score
I habe a DROID x tho not DROID 2 and how do I make a backup of stock

clueless77

Reaction score
I habe a DROID x tho not DROID 2 and how do I make a backup of stock

I also have a Droid X, Droid 2 bootstrap will work trust me

Making a backup is easy, once you get into clockwork mod (CWM) recovery there will be an option to backup and restore, select that option and then select backup, after its complete then proceeded to do all wipes and flash your ROM and if you haven't gotten it yet you need to get gapps (Google apps) the market

Also if you haven't already done so, you should get titanium back up from the market so you can backup any apps YOU downloaded so as not to have to redownload them, this is done before you go into CWM

AGAIN PLEASE BE CAREFUL AND ITS ALL DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK

BAD ASS X

bobbypatel1988

Reaction score
i did backup now what should i do?...i tried install rom from sd card its giving me option to backup existing rom...wipe data and cache and wipe dalvik cache...i did wipe data and cache its just turning phone off and back on...is this what it suppose to do?

clueless77

Reaction score
i did backup now what should i do?...i tried install rom from sd card its giving me option to backup existing rom...wipe data and cache and wipe dalvik cache...i did wipe data and cache its just turning phone off and back on...is this what it suppose to do?

Where are you doing this from ROM manager or ROM toolbox because if so odds are it wont work

BAD ASS X