Linux infestation

tdawg5480

Reaction score
Well Ive been so hooked on my droid and freedom of linux I have dual booted my comps with linux, my ps3 boots yellow dog now too hehe. and once I get some of my psp games off my 250gb drive Im gonna repartition my main laptop and put 30gb partitions for different versions on linux ie ubuntu 10.04 hehe, red hat, suse etc

Maybe finally I got enough motivation to learn linux indepth like I learned windows. if anyone gottuts or would like to teach more im all ears, my biggest thing is this terminal junk i get so lost i been spoiled with guis my whole life. i have hardest time with installing apps using ./configure make make install etc tarballs gz ugh help is appreciated id really like to learn this though

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
to be quite honest those of us that use it on a regular basis are typically self taught. The internet will be your best friend. Theres nothing you can learn in a book or from a instructor that is not already online for free, you just need to know what your looking for.

i used to be a linux administrator for a very large insurance company. and have no formal linux training. All of my formal training was in microcrap products just for the certs.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
to be quite honest those of us that use it on a regular basis are typically self taught. The internet will be your best friend. Theres nothing you can learn in a book or from a instructor that is not already online for free, you just need to know what your looking for.

i used to be a linux administrator for a very large insurance company. and have no formal linux training. All of my formal training was in microcrap products just for the certs.

+2 everything can be found on the internet

kprojects

Reaction score
Exactly.. been using Linux for about 14 years.. best thing you can do to learn is use it more. Also, O'Reilly has some great linux books - which are now available in the market for like $5 each! Go grab 'running linux'.. the book or ebook. Great starter book.

mammlouk

Reaction score
If you want some good command line walkthroughs I recommend the INX live CD. It's based off Ubuntu, command line only and you will pick up a few handy tricks. Other than that just like everyone else said, just keep using it. Write yourself a few bash scripts, maybe some gimp scriptfu, etc.