Linking Facebook contacts to Phonebook

kito

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been searching for an answer to this for literally the past hour, to no avail. I know I saw that it was answered 3 month ago but now I can't seem to find that thread.

Anyways, I have some contacts that for whatever reason don't link with the person's Facebook e.g. they don't have a photo, their email isn't shown etc.

How do I go about linking them manually? I know it is through the Facebook app but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it again.

Thanks! dancedroid

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
Hello all, I've been searching for an answer to this for literally the past hour, to no avail. I know I saw that it was answered 3 month ago but now I can't seem to find that thread.

Anyways, I have some contacts that for whatever reason don't link with the person's Facebook e.g. they don't have a photo, their email isn't shown etc.

How do I go about linking them manually? I know it is through the Facebook app but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do it again.

Thanks! dancedroid

You can merge them.

On my Droid,

I select the non FB user in my contact list
Click the menu button & choose edit contact
Click the menu button again and choose Join
pick the other (FB) user from your contact list.

Hope this helps.

OP
K

kito

Reaction score
I couldn't get it to work. Hmm.

Let me try to explain it better:

I have a contact "Joe Smith", he is also a Facebook friend of mine but for whatever reason the contact and his Facebook don't link. (I have already synced a bunch of my other phonebook contacts with my Facebook contacts)

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
That was what I did. I just merged my buddy "Luis M" who was a regular contact via gmail. His FB profile "Mike Jones" was joined in.

I have trouble if I try to add the non FB contact to the FB contact by first selecting the FB contact.

What step didn't work?

OP
K

kito

Reaction score
Actually, I just got it to work. Thanks a ton, buddy! :)