Won't sync facebook contacts to Phonebook

koinfamous

Reaction score
When I go into my contacts and select someone and go to the link tab and click on Facebook, it brings up the search bar, but it says I have no friends (0), but when I go into my Facebook phonebook folder all of my contacts are there. Why won't it sync? I want my Facebook friend photos and info to transfer to my phonebook. Thank you. My contact card is the only one that has my facebook picture and I cant understand why the rest wont sync

What I've tried before posting:
Restarted phone
Signed out of facebook --> Restarted --> Signed back in
Checked contact names were exactly the same.

OP
K

koinfamous

Reaction score
just downloaded the Facebook for Android off of the Android Market...I saw some people saying the updated version works...trying now

woot505

Reaction score
Are you runnung the shiz? this rom needs to be edited in root mamnager for the facebook sync to work.

kennyray

Reaction score
When I go into my contacts and select someone and go to the link tab and click on Facebook, it brings up the search bar, but it says I have no friends (0), but when I go into my Facebook phonebook folder all of my contacts are there. Why won't it sync? I want my Facebook friend photos and info to transfer to my phonebook. Thank you. My contact card is the only one that has my facebook picture and I cant understand why the rest wont sync

Restarted phone

I'm having the exact same problem. I've only had the INCREDIBLE for a couple days, so still trying to get everything set up. Please all you TECH HEADZ chime in on this and help us resolve our issue!:icon_ banana:

mel123

Reaction score

Restarted phone

I'm having the exact same problem. I've only had the INCREDIBLE for a couple days, so still trying to get everything set up. Please all you TECH HEADZ chime in on this and help us resolve our issue!:icon_ banana:
I'm having the same problem - i've had it for 3 days but can't get this to work... please help!

andrew_ja

Reaction score
I've had the same problem, and diving into the vast world of the interwebs, it sounds like it is a problem on Facebook's end with not treating the HTC Sense application properly. That is the best that I got. At least for right now, it is not a huge problem for me, although it is annoying.

andrew_ja

Reaction score
Update: it randomly started connecting contacts to Facebook profiles. Almost all were done automatically. I had to do some manually, but Friend Stream no longer shows I have no friends on Facebook.

funkpod

Reaction score
WHOA, it started working last night! did anyone else get this?

i don't know if it was me, facebook, or htc.

htc sent this to me...

"Hi, John. Thank you for your email regarding your HTC Droid Incredible and the Facebook Application. We have been working with Facebook to determine a fix for our customers. There seems to have been a miscommunication between Facebook servers and your phone that has caused an inability to sync updates. This appears to be related to an update recently performed to the Facebook servers. We are expecting to issue a fix for this concern either by download at HTC - Mobile Phones, Smartphones, Cell Phones, PDAs or by Over the Air. In the mean time, we have found that some customers have success when editing their work profiles on their Facebook page. If you have added a company and have checked the box next to “I currently work here,” simply add the City / Town of your office. This may allow for HTC Sense to communicate with Facebook without failing. You can also delete the work information, and add it back after we have made the appropriate changes to solve this issue.

To send a reply to this message or let me know I have successfully answered your question log in to our ContactUs site using your email address and your ticket number ##############.

Sincerely,

Dayton

HTC"

anyone else's working now?

seaforddi

Reaction score
Glad I checked back yesterday!

Droid Incredible needed factory reset 3-4 weeks ago & FB pics synced with people/contacts with NO prob. Had 2 do another factory reset last week & no pics would sync.

After reading andrew_ja yesterday, I accessed my people/contacts & called for it to connect with the FB directory, suddenly ALL were there, coincidentally, I'd download SyncMyPics thru Market day B4 just to get pics attached to contacts. Have since uninstalled SyncMyPics.

Hope it's working 4 all.

ToeNee11

Reaction score
I noticed that this is an older thread... I recently got my phone a few days ago and am experiencing the same issues. Only SOME of my facebook contacts sync up with my current contacts. I have both Facebook and Facebook for HTC Sense running... Syncmypix did not work...