Line down screen

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Anyone lately been plagued with this problem? I've noticed a line down the left side of my screen the past few days. Seems to be the same thing as the "fixed" green line issue, but its pink. I can make it come and go when pressing just to the right and below the home key. Worst part....it's a design your own and it appears that Asurion will only replace it with the regular black :/

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It's a known issue...time to call Verizon and go through their steps to get the phone swapped...if it's moto maker'd it will be a tad more difficult than if it's just one of their stock phones..they're probably going to insist that you must have dropped it and will even say. The screen is drop proof but not impact resistant..good luck

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Actually I believe a Moto Maker phone needs to be replaced by Motorola directly (based on what another member has gone through recently). Don't waste the Asuiron insurance on this claim. If the display changes due to pressure it's a manufacturer's defect, either a broken ribbon cable, cracked motherboard or lose/bad connector, none of which is likely caused by a drop.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I can only say what my experience was . I had to get vzw to issue me a moto maker code and replace the phone .(moto had me do this)..as there was no other way to get the same phone. Then I sent my old one in to moto.. So I was told...contact vzw first...but hey. Try it either way. Lol

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
There is a loooooong topic on the Moto Forum about the green / pink lines on the screen. The good news is that Moto and or Verizon are replacing them, as 94LT and FoxKat mentioned. Some rumors suggest a manufacturing defect with certain batches, but that is only a rumor.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I can only say what my experience was . I had to get vzw to issue me a moto maker code and replace the phone .(moto had me do this)..as there was no other way to get the same phone. Then I sent my old one in to moto.. So I was told...contact vzw first...but hey. Try it either way. Lol
OK, so that's the way, huh? Makes sense. Still I know Motorola will deal directly in warranty replacements if it's during the first year as I've gone to them myself.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Thanks for the info guys. I knew about the original green line issue, but while googling, couldn't seem to find anything about the pink and wasn't sure about the current process. Also didn't seem to find any recent problems mentioned

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
CALL MOTOROLA. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. DO NOT CALL VZW.

Trust me...

I called them Friday. They sent me a new code. I designed a replacement. It will be here on Weds. I ship my old phone back.
Easy. Breeezy. Cover Girl.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
CALL MOTOROLA. DO NOT PASS GO. DO NOT COLLECT $200. DO NOT CALL VZW.

Trust me...

I called them Friday. They sent me a new code. I designed a replacement. It will be here on Weds. I ship my old phone back.
Easy. Breeezy. Cover Girl.
Did they make you pay $24.99 and hold $250 on your account to send a replacement? Because that's what they have done to me...... I'm livid. I was told I would only physically be charged $24.99, but showing a $301 charge on my account from Motorola. Was told I'd get it released after they received me old device. Of course, I can't ship that back until I get the new one with a shipping label. So, 4-5 days until the new one shows up, another 3-5 days until they get mine back and now (after canceling it and telling them I want my money back) another 3-5 days to process my refund. So in order to get a replacement phone from them for a defect, I need to either go 3 weeks of them holding $300 of my money, or send my phone back FIRST and go without this phone for 2 weeks. Luckily I have a old phone to switch back to. But it is bull crap customer service for a manufacturing issue.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Oh and not to mention the fact that after realizing I had been "duped" and they did in fact charge me the extra $250, I got bounced around between multiple people and transferred to the wrong supervisor. Needless to say, I think this will be the last Moto phone I have. Shame, since I've owned only Moto phones since the original Razr.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Indeed. I just used a Credit Card I have no balance on. They waived the $25 for me because this is the 2nd time I've contacted them about this. I sent my phone to them last time. They sent it back, not fixed.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Indeed. I just used a Credit Card I have no balance on. They waived the $25 for me because this is the 2nd time I've contacted them about this. I sent my phone to them last time. They sent it back, not fixed.
I just think it's ridiculous that they feel it's acceptable to inconvenience customers for their issue. A lot less about the actual money than the principle. Lol

Reactions: cr6

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I can understand the frustration if the process was not made clear by Moto up front during the initial contact. But...does any other manufacturer provide an Advance Replacement program? Where they will ship you the exact same phone (with all custom options if it had any) in advance of receiving your defective phone, with a pre-paid return envelope for the broken phone? I have never heard of any other phone manufacturer providing that service. It's normally option B...send your defective phone to them...wait a few weeks and they send it back to you repaired. Moto offers to send a new phone to you, with all custom Moto Maker options, before they ever see you defective phone for a $24.99 fee. In my opinion, it's worth it. I used it twice when both of my kids broke their screens on their phones. I had a new, custom phone on my doorstep within 72 hours each time. For me, that was worth the $25. Then all I had to do was return the old phone and the hold on my credit card was lifted within hours of receiving the notice that my device was signed for by them.

OP
O

omak42

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
By the way, I have a new one on the way and they refunded all but the $24.99 so far.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
By the way, I have a new one on the way and they refunded all but the $24.99 so far.

Glad to hear that. Hope your new phone is 100% awesome.