I've said it before..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I love the idea of being able to cookie cutter design your own device . That means as many options as they can give you to customize certain things..so I got my original in blue anodized with black ballistic nylon..then that phone got the green line of death ..

Was like pulling teeth on a lion.but I got a warranty replacement that's the same..even programmed to say earn it on the screen when it boots .that phone works for a while..only to have the charging port start messing up.ive been chasing vzw for 3 days Everytime having to pack it in after getting nowhere..

Moto maker is a nice idea..but hard on situations like this .they need to reevaluate this and try again..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Why are you contacting Verizon, if you have a custom Moto Maker phone? If it's custom Moto replaces them pretty simply. And lately they are waiving the expedited shipping fees for the charging issues and green line issues. I have used their Advance Exchange program a few times and it's much easier than dealing with Big Red....and much faster.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Why are you contacting Verizon, if you have a custom Moto Maker phone? If it's custom Moto replaces them pretty simply. And lately they are waiving the expedited shipping fees for the charging issues and green line issues. I have used their Advance Exchange program a few times and it's much easier than dealing with Big Red....and much faster.

I tried contacting moto first. They said contact vzw...

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
I tried contacting moto first. They said contact vzw...

Did you go through their online repair request, or call customer service? That's not the way it's supposed to work if the phone was bought on Moto Maker. If you post your issue on their forum and the troubles you have had a Moto Agent should help get you a new phone pretty quick

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I actually did and it was an issue. But then I finally got a hod of vze a d after days. They got it right

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Glad Verizon is helping. That's not the way it's supposed to be and unfortunate that not all of their customer service reps know that. A small part of my job is tech support help when Tier 1 - 3 can't help the customers. I know from experience that not all customer service reps at lower levels have all of the correct information at their disposal.

For me, the Moto Maker experience has been awesome. I have purchased 7 phones using Moto Maker since 2013 and it's always been a positive experience. And their on line customer support has been great the few times I did need an Advance Exchange replacement.

OP
94lt1

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I tried with Moto..Moto sent me to vzw, vzw sent me to moto, and back again.so after 4 days of back n forth..I blew up and said ..I don't care if I get the same lookin Phone...I need one that works correctly and the turbo charging works too..I sometimes live on my stupid phone for hours..be it call in meetings, or sending and receiving data for whatever projects, sending my son his school work and all sorts of stuff. And to have a phone crap out. Well..you know