Lines showing up on screen?

IamRalpho

Reaction score
At first I thought I cracked the phone because a diagonal line appeared on the left side of the screen, going downwards, but then today, 2 more showed up! Same direction, same area.

I tried re-setting it, cleaning the screen but it looks like a program. Its weird.

Has this happened to anyone? Anyone know what to do? I dont want to get a new replacement just for lines but its weird and I think they could keep growing.

mddittman

Reaction score
I had a hellacious bunch of pixels and small lines on my screen two days ago. I set up the night clock app I use while overnight charging and the next morning they were gone. But a half day later, I am getting some small horizontal lines that seem to grow throughout the day... and they didn't disappear overnight while charging although I did everything the same.

I'm trying to find out the cause/solution myself.

OP
I

IamRalpho

Reaction score
I thought mine were disappearing yesterday but now they are growing.

Anyone know what I should do?

mddittman

Reaction score
I don't know what to do about it, I haven't seen anything else about this anywhere.

The lines did disappear again overnight... but then a few hours later this morning, a small cluster reappeared.

I am running Liberty... are you running a ROM?

OP
I

IamRalpho

Reaction score
I don't know what to do about it, I haven't seen anything else about this anywhere.

The lines did disappear again overnight... but then a few hours later this morning, a small cluster reappeared.

I have no idea, what is a liberty or a ROM?

mddittman

Reaction score

I have no idea, what is a liberty or a ROM?

My phone is rooted, and I have a custom operating system (Liberty) running on it. Custom operating systems are known as ROMs.

I thought that maybe it could be the problem, but I'm guessing you didn't modify your phone at all.

OP
I

IamRalpho

Reaction score
No I did not modify my phone.

I am thinking about taking it to Verizon this week but I am worried they are going to be dumb and tell me to replace it and charge me.

mddittman

Reaction score
The Droid X hasn't been out for a year yet... They shouldn't charge you for it if they say it's defective.

Savernu

Reaction score
Double vision

I am recently having the same issues, lines on my screen. I noticed it start yesterday with one small line running down the edge of my screen. It would go away if I ran an app at first, but then it would come back a little bit after I stopped my app. I figured that it might go away if I restarted the phone, but that made it worse. Instead of a single line on the edge of the screen there are now TWO parallel lines down the edge. It is annoying. I will over look it for now, but the moment a third line shows up I'm going to take it back to the shop.

jmsatx

Reaction score
Growing parallel lines!! 1/23/13

Today I too had six tiny lines appear in a random placement around the screen, and they did "grow" throughout the day (at an unequal pace!) parallell to one another, from top to bottom of screen. Right now the longest is nearly an inch! I have not yet plugged in a charger to see if they go away, as another said. I'm on the stock ROM (Kobe 2.2.1 from Motorola) but going to install CM7 probably tomorrow. I figgured that would make it go away, but another said he was using a mod already and it was still happening...
So, did any of you guys who've had this phenomenom had it go away permanently? Or did it eat up the screen? Is it a virus that I can wipe with AVG or some other Android anti-virus app? I've noticed it being extremely slow lately, and placing a call requires about a 15 second delay before connection...which is totally unaccetable! Sound like a virus??

Motorola Bravo MB520 on 2.2.1 Kobe stock (this was the official Motorola update from the original 2.1 that came on the phone when new)