Like it love it hate it

Bigt

Reaction score
Order :motdroidvert: the day it was avail online. So far im so impressed that im proud to show it to every one! Great phone Great coverage Great apps! I live in Idaho and Verizon is by far the best!
Now I have gotten a few things for the phone. I got the Body Glove Snap-On Cover for Motorola DROID A855
its ok i wanted the belt clip with the stand but for some reason they sent me belt clip no stand one thing i did not like about that is the bulk feeling it gave the phone as well as the slide out screen was harder to slide. other then that it was nice. but because i did not get the stand and there return policy sucked i ended up getting the multimedia station. have had it a day and i love it!!!! so far any ways had to take off the cover to use this but i realized i did not like the cover when i did so. so put that away now using phone naked. i do use screen protector wouldn't do it any other way. the car mount is ok i don't use it much again im in Idaho i don't get lost lol but if i ever went any where i would use it and love it! i got the tune belt sport armband i hope to use as soon as the weather gets better! but over all liking the dif options we get with this phone.:)

now something i totally and utterly hate! AT&T commercials i hate them they piss me off they don't make me want them i mean how much can they lie about a company before they have to stop! we all know you can surf the web and call someone at the same time with Verizon i did it with my droid just to show my dad i can. but i don't need to! really every time i see an AT&T commercial it makes me mad and i change the channel i thought the Verizon commercials were funny and they did not OVER PLAY the commercials every time i watch tv you get an annoying AT&T commercial. the Iphone was cool but other phones can do it to now sorry AT&T but you need to get over it!:icon_evil:

:icon_ devil: well that's just how i felt and i wanted to post it! i was once scared of GOOGLE taking over the world but now i just accept them into my life one droid at a time! :icon_ banana:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
now something i totally and utterly hate! AT&T commercials i hate them they piss me off they don't make me want them i mean how much can they lie about a company before they have to stop! we all know you can surf the web and call someone at the same time with Verizon i did it with my droid just to show my dad i can.
Don't waste your time and energy. The ads are specifically criticizing simultaneous voice and data on 3G. You can talk and browse on the Droid if you have WiFi coverage but that's not the same as what they're saying in the ad. You can't do both simultaneously on Verizon's network by itself. It's a technical limitation.

It's been discussed many times here and on nearly every smartphone discussion forum out there. It's a true statement. For some people it matters. For most, it won't. At&t is really digging to convince consumers that it's an important issue.

I suggest that you instead focus on enjoying your Droid.

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
I have to agree with ya, the commercials are a bit irritating... the one that really bothered me was the one where he had the postcards showing where att had service... one of them was bozeman montana about 100 miles from where I live, 1. we do not have any att stores in the state, period. 2. while visiting bozeman with my sister in law from chicago she had to borrow my vzw phone to make a call, because she didnt actually have services in bozeman, or anywhere really

jasonb

Reaction score
yea, the ATT commercials piss me off too. it's so funny that all the new commercials have the droid in them.

iiimegamaniii

Reaction score
AT&T / iDrone commercials are simply sad. They have nothing, are trying to do something--to no avail. Three of my iDrone co-workers said they'd drop AT&T if they weren't locked into their current contract. (I've only shown my DROID to three co-workers who have the iDrone.)

- Mega

bacalao

Reaction score
My iphone buddies love the Droid. They tell me they have to jail break to get it on the same level as a stock Droid!
So they can go ahead and move to the corner of the building that has at&t reception and talk and surf all you want.

Sweet Daddy

Reaction score
Yes, you can surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time. The funny part is that they neglect to mention that this is only possible in the blue areas of the map.

ATT3GCoverage.jpg

mrnachocheese

Reaction score
Got my Droid yesterday as well, first smartphone, and I'm loving this phone. My wife got the Droid Eris and she loves it as well. Seriously why weren't phones running android sooner???

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
AT&T might be able to do simultaneous voice and data, but the iPhone can't do simultaneous anything. Multi-tasking on the phone matters more to me than voice and data :)

bdbraaten

Reaction score
yea, the ATT commercials piss me off too. it's so funny that all the new commercials have the droid in them.

I have to confess to finding the restaurant one with the Droid funny. When I see the lady asking "What's this?" when she sees the Droid has a keyboard I can't help but laugh and think "no wonder their customers don't get how bad they've got it if they aren't smart enough to know what a keyboard is."

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can surf the web and talk on the phone at the same time. The funny part is that they neglect to mention that this is only possible in the blue areas of the map.

ATT3GCoverage.jpg

Yeah, amazing how they conveniently forget to state that when they show their other 'coverage' map...