Light Bleeding from Back/Menu/Home Buttons???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfwise

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have any pics of one that does not have the light bleed? I would be interested in seeing this if its true. The only pics I have ever seen are ones with the light coming through and that leads me to belive it is normal and on all the phones.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's normal or not. I can't see it on my phone.

It seems to me that people will go to all kinds of lengths to findu
. something wrong with their phone. It isn't just the Droid. I saw this with my Storm too. People it's a phone, but you expect it to be a laptop with a huge processor. And then there's the comment about the supposed high cost of this phone. I'll bet most people didnt pay more then 200.00 after rebate for the Droid.

I think its time for a reality check.

bluedust

Reaction score
I don't know if it's normal or not. I can't see it on my phone.

It seems to me that people will go to all kinds of lengths to findu
. something wrong with their phone. It isn't just the Droid. I saw this with my Storm too. People it's a phone, but you expect it to be a laptop with a huge processor. And then there's the comment about the supposed high cost of this phone. I'll bet most people didnt pay more then 200.00 after rebate for the Droid.

I think its time for a reality check.

I was just thinking this, I was busy finding some new icons to put on my Droid while playing some SNES and listening to Howard 101 on Droidlive, and I come here and see some guy *****ing about light leak.. lol, ok.

Some issues I can understand, not being able to call handsfree from bluetooth is huge, and I can't believe they left that out.. really stupid. But light leak? With accompanying detailed pictures? lol

Some people thrive on rage I guess.

Furobins

Reaction score

Including yourself. Antagonizing people who have a legitimate issue isn't conducive to anything except your own gratification.

Yes, I'm using my Droid, playing GameBoid, listening to Pandora while checking my mail and navigating to different places. But that doesn't change the fact that there is an issue. No one is raging here, it's a discussion of something that is bothering some users. Your contribution, or lack of one, doesn't help.

bluedust

Reaction score
But that issue is on all phones.. my Storm had it, and my Voyager had it.

But I didn't ragewhine on a forum about it. Maybe one day when I have the ability to morph plastic to hide light I'll be able to care about it, but until then I know there's nothing a 3rd party website can do about light leak.

darreno1

Reaction score
Hate to act like a mod, but I say close it. This thread is beyond pointless. It's like complaining about the sky being blue.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Including yourself. Antagonizing people who have a legitimate issue isn't conducive to anything except your own gratification.

Yes, I'm using my Droid, playing GameBoid, listening to Pandora while checking my mail and navigating to different places. But that doesn't change the fact that there is an issue. No one is raging here, it's a discussion of something that is bothering some users. YourE contribution, or lack of one, doesn't help.

The fact is that it is not an issue. Its taking a rather hard to fine petty annoyance and making an issue out of it. Again its not a 1000.00 lap top its a friggen phone.

Redls1bird

Reaction score
I'll refrain from commenting, since it probably wont fit the family friendly image of this board.

bluedust

Reaction score
I'll refrain from commenting, since it probably wont fit the family friendly image of this board.

Can you just say if you'd yell at me or him? I probably shouldn't have said anything, but I was at a loss for words, some people just lack perspective.

kastj

Reaction score
I second the motion to close. Plus there are already other threads about this. I made one them so I should know. But anyway we established everyone has it and its not the end of the world.

Wolfwise

Reaction score
No one has any pictures of one without light bleed? HHMMMMM thats interesting. Bet there isnt one

hughesjr

Reaction score
Well, the thing is, it is not even a "light leak". There are 2 LEDs down there producing light for the buttons. Your screen is a piece of glass, the end of the glass is clear, and what you are seeing is the reflection, nothing more.

Furobins

Reaction score
If you don't think it's an issue, then don't bother commenting on it. Obviously it is something that doesn't bother you, so why take the time to point that out? Those of us who are petty enough to find an issue with it can discuss amongst ourselves. While I am certain it isn't a massive defect, it's still there. I would agree to close the thread if pointless discussion like this ensues.

On a more constructive note, I spoke with another Verizon representative, and they said that it shouldn't be there, or at least not as evident as I explained it.

Status
Not open for further replies.