[Liberty's Demise] Should we have any idea of our future?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Check the thread on rootzwiki. It's a separate rom. You have to be on the gb leak first. It's still has a ton of bugs (gps is weird, camera/camcorder not working etc..)
I'm on the latest froyo kernel nightly for the d2 (54) its running perfect as usual. I'm staying where I'm at for now.

CM74D2 (1250Mhz-v6 supercharged)

DJxPanda

Reaction score
Check the thread on rootzwiki. It's a separate rom. You have to be on the gb leak first. It's still has a ton of bugs (gps is weird, camera/camcorder not working etc..)
I'm on the latest froyo kernel nightly for the d2 (54) its running perfect as usual. I'm staying where I'm at for now.

Ahh ok good to know good to know. Ill check it out and see if its worth it. Cuz as soon as MIUI makes it to the GB kernel im there. I love MIUI. Anyways thanks much for the info

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BigRalphN

Reaction score
Now that cm7 based roms are out for our phones, what reason would you stay on liberty? Don't get me wrong, the rom is great!
That being said, it is no contest when it comes to the customization, tweaks, ease of applying themes and yes, actual nightlies that come with cm7. Why would I switch back?

Just came back from cm7 so here are my answers. Cm7 less stable, no hd video, need patch for camera to work, certain apps do not work, some market apps will not show up or work with it. Gps issues and more. cm7 is smoking fast and uses less memory.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

pcpimp

Reaction score
Ahh ok good to know good to know. Ill check it out and see if its worth it. Cuz as soon as MIUI makes it to the GB kernel im there. I love MIUI. Anyways thanks much for the info

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

MIUI 1.9.16.1 latest release is now GB on .602 !!!

chefb

Reaction score
Liberty is not all dead they are coming out with one for the bionic ......kejar just debloted /deoxed it....lol and my phone came the other day just in time!

fry-lock

Reaction score
It's not like we pay them to develop roms for us.

Um, maybe not in the sense that we pay them directly for the roms, but myself and about 10k-50k other people have bought the donate version of liberty toolbox (according to the market). At $5 per app, that's at least $50k minimum not including Google's cut, so yes, we in fact ARE paying them. And that money is well deserved, because I'm sure it's no easy task develop roms with their hands tied behind their back due to the locked bootloader.

I'm not *****ing, because I'll gladly support developers time and time again who put out quality work, but to say they don't make money off developing roms is flat out wrong.

Didn't Jrummy post about a month ago about how he took a break, and would be starting back up soon? He said he was reworking toolbox again, then going to dive into another version of Liberty.