Liberty 3 RC 1.1?

rcglider

Reaction score
There doesn't appear to be a thread on this but notice it is in the Rom Toolbox. There was talk of Liberty 2.0, but nothing for several days. What is the difference between 2 & 3? Is 3 stable and worth the try?

I've been on Liberty .9 since it was released, and all previous versions. Having not done any updates or reinstalls since .9 and having never experienced the unfortunate install issues others have (I tend to be over cautious), I don't want to now so if someone can give a more detailed procedure on how to transition to Liberty 3 it would be much appreciated.

The instructions say:
BEFORE INSTALLING THIS MAKE SURE YOU ARE ALREADY ON THE OFFICIAL GINGERBREAD OTA. Select Wipe Data (after download) if coming from any other ROM (it will prompt you to wipe after the download is finished).

I'm not too shy to acknowledge a lapse in memory on how to get to "the official Gingerbread OTA". Do I SBF? Oh yeah, I forgot how to do that too. :mad: Just trying to prevent a disaster.

Thanks.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get on .602 or .605. Use the sbf links in my signature. I prefer the Linux CD. After that, you can install the .602 All In One zip from ROM Toolbox. Make sure you wipe data/cache/dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and format system. Then mount system. Then flash the all in one zip. After that, you can install Liberty 3.

I have been running it for a day and I must say, its very nice. Stable and has just enough Blur so that everything works, but AOSP for speed and looks. Its definitely a great upgrade over V.9

Boot Manager

warpedframe

Reaction score
Problem with Clock?

Is anyone else having an issue with the clock several hours off?I have clockr installed, and it is correct, but the clock on the status bar is wrong. THis is the only problem I've had. Nice ROM!

:icon_ devil:

urples

Reaction score
Hmmm, I just installed liberty 3 but now I can get back into recovery. Try using the peer button option to get into recovery, both bootsrap, and rom manager and all doesn't work. How do you get into recovery after installing liberty 3?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No clock issues for me.

Try flashing a different recovery with ROM Manager. I have consistently had issues with the 5.0.2.0 recovery so I flashed 2.5.0.7 and it gave me recovery back

Boot Manager

urples

Reaction score
yea, im on cw 5.0.2.0. Never had to flash to go to a different version of cw, how do you do that?

No clock issues for me.

Try flashing a different recovery with ROM Manager. I have consistently had issues with the 5.0.2.0 recovery so I flashed 2.5.0.7 and it gave me recovery back

Boot Manager

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go to the bottom option. It should say flash alternate recovery. Choose 2.5.0.7. It may not download. I had to revert to an older version of ROM Manager I had backed up to get it to download and install

Boot Manager

bobonobono

Reaction score
Get on .602 or .605. Use the sbf links in my signature. I prefer the Linux CD. After that, you can install the .602 All In One zip from ROM Toolbox. Make sure you wipe data/cache/dalvik. Then go to mounts and storage and format system. Then mount system. Then flash the all in one zip. After that, you can install Liberty 3.

Why isn't the .602 sbf sufficient, that we need to install the All In One as well?

Thanks for your time and comprehensive answers!

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why isn't the .602 sbf sufficient, that we need to install the All In One as well?

Thanks for your time and comprehensive answers!

You can definitely use the .602 sbf. Its no difference. I just prefer sbf'ing to 2.3.340 so I can use the Linux boot CD and installing the AIO zip.

Boot Manager

urples

Reaction score
Hmm, I gave that a try and I still just get a black screen after the boot logo. It started happening after I flash to liberty 3. Any ideas?

Go to the bottom option. It should say flash alternate recovery. Choose 2.5.0.7. It may not download. I had to revert to an older version of ROM Manager I had backed up to get it to download and install

Boot Manager

bobonobono

Reaction score
You can definitely use the .602 sbf. Its no difference. I just prefer sbf'ing to 2.3.340 so I can use the Linux boot CD and installing the AIO zip.

Boot Manager

OK. I was confused because there's a Linux CD for .602 and it seemed like you were saying to sbf to 602 and then flash the AIO .602 as well.

I haven't been able to complete a download from the ROM toolbox for a couple days now, so I'm trying to use the 602 Linux disc and then data/cache/dalvik and install the LibertyXRC1 ROM. I keep just getting a frozen M logo after I flash the new ROM.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? This is the fifth or sixth try now. This next attempt, I'm going to try wiping/clearing the cache 3 times consecutively just to be sure.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I gave that a try and I still just get a black screen after the boot logo. It started happening after I flash to liberty 3. Any ideas?

Can you get into stock recovery?

Boot Manager

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK. I was confused because there's a Linux CD for .602 and it seemed like you were saying to sbf to 602 and then flash the AIO .602 as well.

I haven't been able to complete a download from the ROM toolbox for a couple days now, so I'm trying to use the 602 Linux disc and then data/cache/dalvik and install the LibertyXRC1 ROM. I keep just getting a frozen M logo after I flash the new ROM.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong here? This is the fifth or sixth try now. This next attempt, I'm going to try wiping/clearing the cache 3 times consecutively just to be sure.

I didn't know 1KDS had released the GB Linux CD.

I am not sure what the problem is, unless maybe you got a bad download. I am running Liberty 3 with Boot Manager so my setup is a little different. I also am running .605, but the only thing different from .602 is the keyboard fix supposedly.

Boot Manager

OP
R

rcglider

Reaction score
Question: If I backup my apps with TB as I've done in the past, will it restore them properly after going to Liberty 3?

I'm going to use the Linux method, but where is GB .605? If I understand correctly, I don't need to SBF to .340 first?

BTW, has anyone used the ROM Toolbox method of installing .340 with CR? It seems pretty straight forward.

AND one more question (hopefully); does the phone need rooting after going back to .340 or up to .602/.605?

Last edited: