Liberty v0.6 Bug Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilahimm

Reaction score
What about the imoseyon tweaks?

It seems that many of imoseyon's tweaks are either included or can be added. Under Liberty settings you can enable cron and setups the sysctl settings. Some things that may not be included are the sdcard read_ahead setting, the new possible file system speedup, and his aggressive memory management settings for minfree.

If you download his zip and have some basic shell scripting knowledge you can add these settings that aren't included in /system/etc/init.d. You could even modify his script by removing the pieces that are already included in Liberty.

jl92880

Reaction score
Are there any options to change the color of the task bar I.E. the battery icon and signal status to maybe blue?

A

Admann

Just a small bug, I cannot get into the "Account" section in setting. It force closes back to the main setting menu. Other than that...great job.:clap::clap:dancedroid:clap:

chefb

Reaction score
What about the imoseyon tweaks?

It seems that many of imoseyon's tweaks are either included or can be added. Under Liberty settings you can enable cron and setups the sysctl settings. Some things that may not be included are the sdcard read_ahead setting, the new possible file system speedup, and his aggressive memory management settings for minfree.

If you download his zip and have some basic shell scripting knowledge you can add these settings that aren't included in /system/etc/init.d. You could even modify his script by removing the pieces that are already included in Liberty.

So all of this is "tweakable" in liberty settings via cron ....im new to this please explain. Thanks again for the advice.

kilahimm

Reaction score
Under Liberty settings you can enable cron under "scheduler". Check enable schedular and then select whether you want to clear data cache and drop caches either hourly or daily. Then under liberty settings you can go to sysctl settings. Enable sysctl and set the following:
1) Min Free bytes: 4096
2) Dirty Ratio: 90
3) Dirty Background ratio: 70
4) VFS Cache Pressure: 5
5) Select Oom Allocating Task

This will get you setup with the imoseyon tweaks that are included in Liberty by default. Linked (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22036453/99imoseyon) is a modified version of imoseyons 7.1 init.d script. I stripped out a lot of it and boiled it down to the pieces I'm pretty sure aren't included in liberty. You need to place this in /system/etc/init.d/ mount system as RW and set permissions to: r-xr-xr-x, please make a backup before making any modifications just in case.

Last edited:

pkbest

Reaction score
If u didn't install the the 3 file. 588 version before u went to the newer version then that's prob why ur not on 12. And ur supposed to have 12 before flashing .596, hope that helps

Sent from my DROIDX
U dont have to do it that way 0.o. I went from Froyo, to the 596 update via TBH, to Liberty and baseband updated just fine. You do NOT have to be running 588 and the 3 files u must install that are provided by TBH/MDW first. As long as you run Froyo to the deodexed rooted 596 you should be ok. making sure to do wipe data / factory restore and clear cache before installing liberty is a good idea.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are there any options to change the color of the task bar I.E. the battery icon and signal status to maybe blue?

Yeah, metamorph (free app in the market) If you have any questions on how to use it pm and ill talk you through it

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

kernelhappy

Reaction score
I just flashed Liberty GB 0.6 last night and the issue I'm having with it is that the wallpaper resets to default after every reboot. It sets fine and stays fine until I reboot.

Any suggestions on that?

I tried reflashing

Also, how do you go back into the Liberty Customzier after the first run?

Thanks!

Go into the regular Android Settings-> Liberty Settings (first item)->Liberty Customizer (first item)

kernelhappy

Reaction score
Small bug, REALLY ANNOYING THOUGH (much like all caps): every now and then the phone will start stuttering a really loud sound repeatedly. It happened a couple times under 0.5 and now 2-3 times under 0.6. For the life of me I can't figure out how to reproduce it, I believe it has something to do with notifications and maybe the auto rotation. It's happened a couple times where I finished a phone call, go to put the phone down with the screen still on and it starts, I think maybe as the screen auto-rotates just as a notification plays (although it doesn't complete) and it starts making that loud stuttering noise?

AnotherDX_User

Reaction score
Blank Lock Screen

Phone works fine untill the phone locks either manually or automatically. When i hit the home or lock button on the top to revive the phone the keys light up and the screen stays black. A battery pull is the only way to fix this.... running liberty v.06

Update: reflashing has fixed this for the time... i will update later if the issue occurs again

Last edited:

suckamucka

Reaction score
Blur Calendar does not list the Corporate Sync Calendar as an option to view.
Battery life is horrible. 5 Hours barley any use and it went from 100% to 40%

el_ote

Reaction score
I have no option to add multiple email accounts. In the past, i would be able to add another account from within the email app (no longer in appdrawer), or i would be able to add via my accounts app any generic email if you have the info. any help is appreciated.
i am on v0.6 btw coming from rooted 596 deoxed

EDIT: SOLVED - I had to flash back to 596, then reinstall liberty. I had installed a theme after i ran Liberty, but before i ran the customizer, and it hid the liberty settings from the menu. LIberty Customizer in Settings allows you to chose the messaging app.

Last edited:

msjohnson2868

Reaction score
Blur calendar force closes when I try to add or edit an event. Had this on a previous LGB build but forgot how I fixed it. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.