Liberty Toolbox [Official Thread]

Phaze08

Reaction score
With the donate version will we get early preview of liberty gb?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

jimberg

Reaction score
toolbox update gives 404 errors in rom manager and blank nightlies..

site is down too. glad i rushed to update to a broken toolbox.

sent from my liberated droid 2

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com

The servers are slammed and as a result, we are getting server outages and slow dl rates. Thanks for your understanding.

jimberg

Reaction score

The servers are slammed and as a result, we are getting server outages and slow dl rates. Thanks for your understanding.

now it won't show any themes addons themed apps or nightlies...

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I cant seem to download facebook ms black from the toolbox. It gives me a 404 error. Everything else downloads fine, just not this one. I know the servers are slammed so maybe some one could share it here?

Last edited:

txter

Reaction score
for some reason my toolbox as nothing in it. i have yet to see anything under Nightlies. and now everytime i open Rom Manager i get an Error: Protocol not found.
i have unistalled and reinstalled a few time. yes this is the donate version and yes i have tried to use the old one. nothing works.
is it me or did Rummy take the server down for some fixes or addons? i noticed this yesterday and its still doing it today.

txter

Reaction score
So I take it im the only one who's toolbox is workin as it should right now huh?...

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Fletch71011

Reaction score
New to Liberty as a preface for this post.

I'm downloading and installing different themes from the toolbox and loving it thus far, but when I try to install custom Contacts, Clock, and stuff along those lines, it just reverts my icon to stock and doesn't change anything else. What gives? Am I missing something fairly obvious?

loki993

Reaction score
So I have a question, sorry if it may have already been answered. But Right now Im using the old one, free one, If I switch to the donate one and I flash to a newer build, like 2.0, I wont lose it will I?

Also you said the new versions could be flashed with this as well. Is that just as good as doing it through clockwork? This is my first time with all of this.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
So I have a question, sorry if it may have already been answered. But Right now Im using the old one, free one, If I switch to the donate one and I flash to a newer build, like 2.0, I wont lose it will I?

Also you said the new versions could be flashed with this as well. Is that just as good as doing it through clockwork? This is my first time with all of this.

In regards to the app, you will loose it to an extent, yes, because you have to wipe the phones internal hard drive/flash memory so you loose all your apps. This is why you use Titanium Backup to save all your apps and there data to the SD Card so after the upgrade you can restore them. Your paid apps will still be listed in the market though. Your paid apps are all linked to your google email account. You can also use App Brain to make a list, however App Brain suck for restoring apps because you have to go through and confirm the download for every single app.

I cant comment on flashing through the toolbox. I would just as much prefer to buy the donate version, download the rom, and flash it myself just so I know with out a doubt that it was done the right way.For all I know though, it may very well wipe for you when using the toolbox to install the rom.

loki993

Reaction score
So ill definitely need titanium backup too then. The free version or what does the paid version add?

Fletch71011

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the paid version outside of the Market? I have the unfortunate problem of having a non-gmail domain registered with Google, and I thus cannot get paid apps off of it. Any way I could PayPal money or something? I'd rather not use the free version.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
So ill definitely need titanium backup too then. The free version or what does the paid version add?
Paid version allows you to back up all your apps at once. Free version makes you do it one by one. Free version also cant restore them all at once.

Is there any way to get the paid version outside of the Market? I have the unfortunate problem of having a non-gmail domain registered with Google, and I thus cannot get paid apps off of it. Any way I could PayPal money or something? I'd rather not use the free version.

Titanium Backup for Android ? Official Site
You can pay through paypal on the developers website. Do note you wont receive your license instantly as you would through the market, but the guy is very good about getting them out pretty promptly. For me I think it was an hour, but id say it was no more then 4. Personally, I would back up your apps, then wipe the phone and set up a gmail account when going through the set up. gmail is the best email service out there imo.