Liberty 1.5 Known Issues

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I switched to the Watermark theme and I can say that my phone seems a little slugish. In addition my phone rebooted and hung on the boot logo. Pulled battery and phone booted into recovery. Selected reboot and phone started normally.

Steven9

Reaction score
email

I can login to yahoo using the email app it keeps saying incorrect user name/password I've tried numerous times. And yes I'm using the correct user name and password. I can use the yahoo app but the email app is easier and looks better

jdog94

Reaction score
I can login to yahoo using the email app it keeps saying incorrect user name/password I've tried numerous times. And yes I'm using the correct user name and password. I can use the yahoo app but the email app is easier and looks better
How To Setup Yahoo Email
Found this on page 62 of ROM Thread was very helpful for me. Credit goes to Inkarnit.

Go to manual setup > IMAP account and change to these settings....

Imap server - imap.mail.yahoo.com

Click Next... Wait for it verify

SMTP Server- smtp.mobile.mail.yahoo.com

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
How To Setup Yahoo Email
Found this on page 62 of ROM Thread was very helpful for me. Credit goes to Inkarnit.

The yahoo mail app is way better than the email app iv been using it for over a year works gr8

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Yea mines been droping quit a bit so I'm prob. Gonna just sbf and start from scratch and c what happens

Don't blame me my head and hands posted it.

bladearrowney

Reaction score
No direct issues with the base ROM. However, some of your themers might need a little more practice/testing before releases.

You've already got the twitter issue (OMG NO TWITTER ENDOFTEHWORLDS!1), but the big one I run into on occasion is that, depending on what theme has been flashed, mobile network settings stops working properly. Specifically, I can say it does not work properly at the very least with NEXTheme and Mysterious Beast. Attempting to access mobile network settings dumps me back to main settings menu, further attempts after the initial cycle the radio in a manner similar to turning airplane mode on and off.

Again, not a ROM issue, just an add on issue breaking functionality

Liberty 1.5, Droid 2 from clean 2.3.20 sbf, full wipes and what not

typoink

Reaction score
So, I'm pretty sure my lockup issues were a hardware error. Swapped out, running on a new D2. No big problems so far.

I'm curious though: is there a reason that the old version of Google Search is baked in? I'd much prefer using the update version, but it doesn't seem like it's possible to upgrade. Am I missing something?

My only other complaint is that the stock Gingerbread theme keeps the Liberty yellow notifications. But, of course, that's a theme complaint, not the ROM.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
you can always switch to another theme to get different icon's and such. I run the GB Blue and it's very nice IMO

Reaction score
I had a little list but it seems that theyre taken care of, I originally had to flash my phone because I had a boot problem but thats irrelevant to Liberty. Then right after that I put liberty 1.5 on but it had problems (a lot of force closes, It didnt have the liberty toolkit, some stuff didn't work or wasn't there) Then I did a clean installation of GummyJAR (Idk why, thats what I did last time and it said you could install liberty ontop of it) then I installed Liberty 1.0, then liberty 1.5 and now everythings working good so far! I'll post if I have any more errors.

typoink

Reaction score
you can always switch to another theme to get different icon's and such. I run the GB Blue and it's very nice IMO

Oh, yeah, I know there's other theme options. My problem is that the stock gray Gingerbread is my favorite! But that's a little complaint.

knivesout

Reaction score
How To Setup Yahoo Email

This is useful, I had the same issue trying to use yahoo mail with the stock email app. Couldn't get it to work so I downloaded MailDroid, deleted the stock email app, and it's alright...

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with my stock email client I had it set up then one day it said my username or password was incorrect and im like wtf cause its not wrong and now when I tried to reset it it keeps saying its wrong its really pissing me off

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mitechka

Reaction score
After a few days of using this ROM, my phone is experiencing random short freezes, like it would work normally, but than go unresponsive for 1-3 seconds and than go back to normal. How can I find out what is causing this?

Herndon

Reaction score
Ok I have experienced no real problems from the rom minus the fact that I can hardly hear anyone on the phone. I've had to switch to a different rom for now because of this. I may not talk much but when I do I'm normally in a area with noise and can't hear anything the person I'm on the phone is saying. Would really like to be able to come back to this.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid annoymous

Reaction score
Is anyone going to help me with this issue or just ignore me???

Can anyone help me with my stock email client I had it set up then one day it said my username or password was incorrect and im like wtf cause its not wrong and now when I tried to reset it it keeps saying its wrong its really pissing me off