Liberty 1.5 and App Restore

charles7926

Reaction score
I just installed Liberty 1.5 and I noticed a few things.

1) None of my apps have been restored. If I open the market, the market lists that they are all installed, but none of them are installed on the phone. How do I make it resync the apps?

2) I was using the rotary lock screen on 1.0 and when I did the 1.5 install I wiped data and cache. Once 1.5 was installed, if the phone ever locked (went to sleep) then pressing the power button or the home button only resulted in the lights turning on, but the lock screen never showed up. I had to remove the battery to get the phone back up. I went into liberty toolbox and told it to start using the rotary lock again and now the phone wakes up fine. Not sure where the issue here is.

So, really this is a mention about the lock screen, but also a question about the apps.

Anyone know?

Thanks,
Charles

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Best thing to do is get titanium backup for apps in the future.

Unfortunately I think your gonna have to manually uninstall/reinstall every app you had, but try this first

Reboot into recovery
Wipe cache
Go to advanced
Wipe dalvik cache
Reboot phone

You will notice a longer boot time, but this is normal when you wipe dalvik cache. See if it resends your app info, if not you'll be stuck with uninstalling/reinstalling everything

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
C

charles7926

Reaction score
I reflashed the ROM and wiped dalvik this time (didnt do that the first go round, just data and cache), and now my apps are restoring by themselves.

Thanks CD for the assist!