LG Watch Urbane LTE 2nd Edition Announced with Android Wear; AT&T and Verizon Dates

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LGUrbane_blog.jpg

Both AT&T and Verizon have announced dates for the new LG Watch Urbane LTE 2nd Edition. While the name of the device is a mouthful, so are its specs. The most intriguing thing is that it will be the first smartwatch to include the newer version of Android Wear with full support of cellular technology.

AT&T plans to allow pre-orders for the smartwatch on November 13th, while Verizon will actually have it available in stores on November 19th. The strangest thing is that the AT&T version will be only $299.99, while Verizon will be selling theirs for $499.99 (both are off contract prices). This is despite the fact that they are the exact same device (as of the currently available info). Here's a recap of specs followed by useful links:
  • 1.38-inch POLED display with impressive resolution of 480×480 (348ppi)
  • 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 768MB RAM
  • 570mAh battery
  • IP67 dust and water resistance
  • LTE radio
  • 14.2mm thick and 44.5mm wide
Here's a relevant link to AT&T: AT&T
Here's a relevant link to Verizon: Verizon
For further discussion on this new Android Wear watch, hit up our Android Watches section here: Android Watches | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Leave it to vzw to jack up prices.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
So go to at&t and get one...but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a radio difference like their phones

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
This is something only a few people (think tens of thousands at most) are interested in. And anyone who has one for any amount of time will eventually realize it's a dumb idea.

*** Looks into crystal ball ***

They are going to end up giving these away and when the service contract is up there will be virtually no retention. The phone-watch idea is dead and stankin' on arrival...

*** Snaps out of it ***

Wooo... I hate when that happens!

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
So go to at&t and get one...but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a radio difference like their phones
I don't want one or need one. I have a 360 that collects dust.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I have to agree with Dusty. I still wear and enjoy my watch but I do not want or need cellular watch. I certainly wouldn't leave my phone at home.... Because I have a watch. I'm not making calls on a watch. I like that my watch vibrates when it gets out of range. And I certainly don't want another device on a plan.

Tap'n Turbo

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I have to agree with Dusty. I still wear and enjoy my watch but I do not want or need cellular watch. I certainly wouldn't leave my phone at home.... Because I have a watch. I'm not making calls on a watch. I like that my watch vibrates when it gets out of range. And I certainly don't want another device on a plan.

Tap'n Turbo
It would be nice if the US carriers allow you to use the same number in you phone and watch like they do here. Sorta solves the problem..

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
It would be nice if the US carriers allow you to use the same number in you phone and watch like they do here. Sorta solves the problem..
Many of them have announced something like that coming. I think Sprint, AT&T, & T-Mobile.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the cellular ability, but I do like it for the included GPS.

I'm probably going to get this or the Gear S2 3G

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I don't care about the cellular ability, but I do like it for the included GPS.

I'm probably going to get this or the Gear S2 3G
I heard the Gear S2 does not currently support Google Maps, if that makes a difference. That's why I went with the 2nd gen 360
LGUrbane_blog.jpg

Both AT&T and Verizon have announced dates for the new LG Watch Urbane LTE 2nd Edition. While the name of the device is a mouthful, so are its specs. The most intriguing thing is that it will be the first smartwatch to include the newer version of Android Wear with full support of cellular technology.

AT&T plans to allow pre-orders for the smartwatch on November 13th, while Verizon will actually have it available in stores on November 19th. The strangest thing is that the AT&T version will be only $299.99, while Verizon will be selling theirs for $499.99 (both are off contract prices). This is despite the fact that they are the exact same device (as of the currently available info). Here's a recap of specs followed by useful links:
  • 1.38-inch POLED display with impressive resolution of 480×480 (348ppi)
  • 1.2GHz Snapdragon 400 processor
  • 768MB RAM
  • 570mAh battery
  • IP67 dust and water resistance
  • LTE radio
  • 14.2mm thick and 44.5mm wide
Here's a relevant link to AT&T: AT&T
Here's a relevant link to Verizon: Verizon
For further discussion on this new Android Wear watch, hit up our Android Watches section here: Android Watches | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I heard the Gear S2 does not currently support Google Maps, if that makes a difference. That's why I went with the 2nd gen 360

that's interesting, but maps don't matter to me (I'm assuming, maybe incorrectly, popular running apps don't use Google Maps).

and 360 2 doesn't have GPS - have to wait for the 360 Sport.