LG Vortex Details Revealed On Comparison Doc

DougDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
thumb_550_citrus-vortex-android-1.jpg

Like usual with most Verizon device releases, the pre-comparison sheet is leaked well before the actual phone is. Today is no different and this newest leak compares the Motorola Citrus and LG Vortex. The comparison sheet brings out some pretty cool comparison facts like the screen sizes of all four devices and the version of Android they are using.

It is nice to see these two new devices side by side and matched up against the carrier’s other Android devices. The most notable information provided on this comparison is the details on the LG Vortex. The comparison states that it is an Android 2.2 device, has a 3.2-inch touchscreen with 320x240 pixels, a 3.2MP camera and Swype. This device is supposed to be affordable and might be something teens will enjoy when released.

News via: AC (Latest Verizon comparison chart has the Motorola Citrus, LG Vortex | Android Central)

CletusVanDam

Reaction score
"Certified Carbonfree" was the major selling point they came up with? :icon_rolleyes:

p1ngputts

Reaction score
"LG Vortex will be a device for first-time smartphone users. It sports a healthy-sized 3.2-inch HVGA capacitive touchscreen, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3MP camera, Bluetooth and microSDHC card slot. It is powered by a 600MHz CPU and runs Android 2.2."

sounds kinda weak imo.

sb1831

Reaction score
"LG Vortex will be a device for first-time smartphone users. It sports a healthy-sized 3.2-inch HVGA capacitive touchscreen, GPS, Wi-Fi, 3MP camera, Bluetooth and microSDHC card slot. It is powered by a 600MHz CPU and runs Android 2.2."

sounds kinda weak imo.

Did you miss the part I made bold? Really no need for ridiculous processing power seeing as this phone is geared towards the newbie. Good enough for the range of user they're gunning for, and probably a nice profit margin as well.

p1ngputts

Reaction score

sounds kinda weak imo.

Did you miss the part I made bold? Really no need for ridiculous processing power seeing as this phone is geared towards the newbie. Good enough for the range of user they're gunning for, and probably a nice profit margin as well.

Didn't miss that part. A phone for a newbie shouldn't be an outdated phone regarding technology. It will take all of 2 weeks for the owner to get sick of the lack of power, camera, etc.

riko540

Reaction score

sounds kinda weak imo.

Didn't miss that part. A phone for a newbie shouldn't be an outdated phone regarding technology. It will take all of 2 weeks for the owner to get sick of the lack of power, camera, etc.

Agreed it doesn't do justice to the android market of phones.

matthelm6

Reaction score
Well as far as the camera goes the 3.2 on my LG Dare was alot better than my 5MP on my Droid.