LG Vortex Going At A Great "Free" Price Tag

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lg-vortex-free.jpg

I guess when Verizon mentions “affordable” pricing for a device, they aren't kidding. A new ad showing off the LG Vortex has been leaked showing off its great pricing “Free with $100 rebate and two year contract!” This device will come loaded with the latest version of Android 2.2, has a 3.2-inch touch screen with 320x240 pixels, a 3.2MP camera and Swype touch input.

The LG Vortex just might become the new king of VZW entry level Android Phones packing some great specs for the price. Anyone considering the Vortex?

News via: Engadget

benjimatt

Reaction score
I think phones like this destroy the good parts of the android operating system. It really gives it a bad name. I put this in the category with the motorola cliq. I just hope that google makes a strict standard on what their operating system needs to run.

IMHO

800mhz to 1ghz
(I have played with the g2 and that processor is amazing. I love the nexus one, the evo, and my beloved droid x all great speeds)

512mb of ram minimum
(I feel that ram is a very essential part of this operating system. I think the vortex has something like 176 mb. FAIL)

3.7" screen and above with decent resolution

5mp Camera minimum

doonuts

Reaction score
I agree but these phones also get more people into Android as well. Not very many people are willing to shell out 200 dollars in a phone if they aren't power users. These phones suck a few more people into the community.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

benjimatt

Reaction score
Yeah i understand that they get more people end but I think they end up pushing people to different operating systems. They say they tried an android phone and it was (slow and buggy) which this phone will be. And the end up going to the IOS operating system or a totally different closed platform.

but oh well. As long as companies are pushing out the phones there will be good and bads.

doonuts

Reaction score
Yeah, but you run that risk with every phone. Personally I used to carry one of those shiny iphone 3g phones and now it's a doorstop. The DX I carry makes it look like a typewriter. So yeah there is that risk it will turn some people off but if they know what they are buying maybe it won't be as bad. You only get what you pay for in the smartphone industry. And Android is the best OS out there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

thedefectkid

Reaction score
I agree that this phone is meant to bring in more people into the android community. Its a free android phone that is a great starter for those people who want just something easy and cheap. I myself would never buy it.... :)

77Pat

Reaction score
I think phones like this destroy the good parts of the android operating system. It really gives it a bad name. I put this in the category with the motorola cliq. I just hope that google makes a strict standard on what their operating system needs to run.

IMHO

800mhz to 1ghz
(I have played with the g2 and that processor is amazing. I love the nexus one, the evo, and my beloved droid x all great speeds)

512mb of ram minimum
(I feel that ram is a very essential part of this operating system. I think the vortex has something like 176 mb. FAIL)

3.7" screen and above with decent resolution

5mp Camera minimum

Rather than minimums, I think it has more to do with execution.

I went to the AT&T store recently and was playing around with the HTC Aria. I would not really use it because the keyboard felt cramped, but everything was very smooth and quick (better than the captivate). I could see the size being popular for people just getting into smartphones.