LG G5 Schematics Details Leak Showing Nearly Complete Redesign [Rumor]

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG-G5-leak-Shai-Mizrachi-Android-Authority-840x535.jpg

If the above leaked schematics for the LG G5 are legitimate, then it appears that LG "went back to the drawing board," this time. As you can see from the design blueprints, this device differs significantly from the previous generation LG G4. The other notable thing about these leaked schematics is that the design seems to match up with the previously leaked LG G5 bottom sliding battery aesthetics.

From the further intel included, we also know that the LG G5 should have the following dimensions 149.4 x 73.9 x 8.2mm. This means it will be slightly longer, slightly narrower, and slightly thinner (in some spots) than the LG G4 (148.9 x 76.1 x 6.3-9.8mm). Because of this design choice, it also means the volume keys have been moved to the side of the device, like most smartphones.

Despite this change, the power button still shows up on the rear, directly underneath the camera. It will likely still include the fingerprint scanner in the same spot as well. Luckily, it won't be too long before we find out the veracity of these leaks, because LG plans their big reveal for February 21st, right before Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.

Source: Android Authority

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Today Android Authority seems to think this modular design may come to fruition.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
If they move the volume key I think that's a good move. Me and my fat fingers have a problem using the power button without also affecting the volume on the G4.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
For a moment I thought the front was the back, and was going to say that it looks like Apple lol

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk