LG Optimus G Benchmarked With Mixed yet Solid Results; Needs Browser Optimizations

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Optimus-G-5-quadrant.jpeg

The first preliminary benchmarks for the LG Optimus G have already started hitting the internet, and they offer a strangely mixed bag of results. On the one hand, some of the more hardware specific benchmarks are excellent, most of the software benchmarks are weak, especially the browser numbers. We only included a pic above of the phone's Quadrant benchmarks which are the most impressive, but to see the whole picture read the other results below.
  • GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD = 29fps (This is over double the score of 13 from the Samsung Galaxy S III, which really shows off the awesome power of the Adreno 320 GPU.)
  • SunSpider Java = 1636 (This is a bit better than middle of the pack, which is rather unimpressive.)
  • BrowserMark = 86870 (This is towards the bottom of the list and is the most disappointing.)
  • NenaMark 2.4 = 60fps (This is a solid score, but is about on par with the Samsung Galaxy S III.)
  • AnTuTu = 11,000 (This is a great score, but is still below what we have seen from the Galaxy Note II - which hit over 13k.)
  • Quadrant = 7439 (This is the most impressive score that the phone posted, and really shows off what the hardware is potentially capable of.)
What we can take away from these benchmarks is that LG's hardware really is uber-powerful. The problem will be in how well they optimize the phone's software to take advantage of it. Right now, it seems like they have a lot of work to do to realize the full potential of the Quad-Core Snapdragon S4 Pro chip with Adreno 320 GPU. Of course, it's also important to note that historically speaking, LG has not been very good with updates to their products. This too will be a determining factor in how successful their new flagship Optimus G becomes. Just because you have the fastest hot-rod on the block, does not mean you know how to tune it properly, or drive it correctly. As always, we will keep you informed if new details arrise.

Source: AndroidAuthority

arparaspolo

Reaction score
What OS does LG run? I have only heard of iOS, Blur, Touch Wiz & Sense.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It runs Android 4.0/ICS (and will be upgradeable to Jelly bean), but I don't think LG has a specific name for their UI overlay. Indirectly they call it UX. Anyone out there please correct me on this if I am wrong.

TatDroid

Reaction score
arparaspolo said:
What OS does LG run? I have only heard of iOS, Blur, Touch Wiz & Sense.

If you're talking about the "skin" they lay on top of Android, I think it's called Optimus (which is a little confusing since it's also the name of a line of their phones).