LG Confirms V30 OLED Minimal Bezel Display

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-v30r-1-jpg.77710

LG appears to be making a huge change when it comes to the display tech of the V series with the LG V30. If you have been a fan of the new minimized bezel displays on recent flagship devices we will be getting much of the same with the V30! Not only has LG confirmed that the V30 will feature the minimized bezel design, the V30 will also feature an OLED display! This is a big win for anyone who regularly uses their phone outdoors. This has always been one of the biggest downsides for me when using LG phones. I always have to crank the LCD display's brightness all the way up to be able to see the display outdoors.

The display on the V30 will be 6" with a resolution of 2880x1440. The Display will be covered by a 3D curved piece of Gorilla Glass 5 for an ergonomic design. LG says they have reduced burn in and battery consumption with their P-OLED tech that will be featured on the V30. Apparently LG will also be looking to put the P-OLED tech on other devices in the future as well.

via AndroidAuthority

Attachments

• lg-v30r-1.jpg
    lg-v30r-1.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,285

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Here is hoping it's going to be waterproof and include wireless charging. I would still rather have 1080p display though.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
Here is hoping it's going to be waterproof and include wireless charging. I would still rather have 1080p display though.

I read somewhere that it will have wireless charging and waterproofing but then as usual, it is only rumors :) we will know at the end of the month.

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere that it will have wireless charging and waterproofing but then as usual, it is only rumors :) we will know at the end of the month.
I heard the same thing, also that they would do away with the second screen, if these photos are to be believed apparently not... cause that's definitely a full second screen on the top.

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
I heard the same thing, also that they would do away with the second screen, if these photos are to be believed apparently not... cause that's definitely a full second screen on the top.

read at xda they are doing away with the second screen and adding a floating bar.

akhenax

Silver Member
Reaction score
@me just sayin Folks that use the Note line don't just want another phone, they want a mini tablet/phone with stylus functionality. The GS8+ would be similar to the Note as well, yet Samsung still wants to sell it.

RyanPm40

Reaction score
I'm curious, why wouldn't you want a higher res display? Battery?