LG Ally's a good phone and 2.2 upgrade

Everose

Reaction score
I'm reading a lot of critique and just have to step in and say I love the Ally. Have I had a few problems? Yes. And I also found out some of the problems I was experiencing was due to user error... my fault, not the Ally. Despite this, I realize there are a few shortcomings, some were addressed with the recent soft update, and I'm thinking a few more will be fixed when 2.2 is available for us. Just read the news on the LG Community forum and it is said the Ally is indeed going to be upgraded to 2.2. dancedroid

Overall, I love the Ally's keyboard and out of all the Droids voice quality in my Droid is the best hands down. This little phone does every thing I need it to do, so I'm happy. Battery life really isn't all that bad, on my phone any way. There are days I'm on it a lot, and other days not so much. I haven't had to recharge every evening "yet" ; )

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums :)

Glad you like it. My last phone was the LG Voyager and I loved that..

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

dragonfly1113

Reaction score

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
never would have pegged u for someone who ever owned a voyager, no offense[/QUOTE]

None taken, was a great phone for me.

Boo812

Reaction score
I just got my Ally almost a week ago and love it. I just have to get used to all the ways to set things up. The only issue I had was I downloaded 2 ringtones from Verizon to find they don't work on the Ally. But, I figured out how to bypass that by creating a Ringtones folder on the SD card, and copying songs from iTunes on to it.
I have had to charge it everynight. But I think that is because between me and my daughter playing with it constantly to figure out how things work and playing with the apps, we run it down quicker than if I was just using the phone itself.
The only thing I have yet to figure out is how to get Adobe Flashplayer on to it. Any suggestions?

BeADroid

Reaction score
I just got my Ally almost a week ago and love it. I just have to get used to all the ways to set things up. The only issue I had was I downloaded 2 ringtones from Verizon to find they don't work on the Ally. But, I figured out how to bypass that by creating a Ringtones folder on the SD card, and copying songs from iTunes on to it.
I have had to charge it everynight. But I think that is because between me and my daughter playing with it constantly to figure out how things work and playing with the apps, we run it down quicker than if I was just using the phone itself.
The only thing I have yet to figure out is how to get Adobe Flashplayer on to it. Any suggestions?
flash will not work on any 2.1 roms, so unfournatly you need to wait until 2.2 comes to the ally.:icon_ banana:dancedroid:icon_ banana:

AllySteve

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Ally too! The only real issue I have is the touch screen back button, but I wonder if it is because I never took the plastic packing screen cover off. It makes a nice screen protector so far, but I may be peeling it off and getting an official one ;)

Battery life isn't a problem so far. Granted, not as good as the LG EnV2 I had before, but pretty good for a smart phone.

I'm enjoying my Ally and the 2.2 update will make it even more enjoyable!

Its too bad its getting poor reviews. No its not an Incredible, but wasn't meant to be.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
I'm very happy with my Ally too! The only real issue I have is the touch screen back button, but I wonder if it is because I never took the plastic packing screen cover off. It makes a nice screen protector so far, but I may be peeling it off and getting an official one ;)

Battery life isn't a problem so far. Granted, not as good as the LG EnV2 I had before, but pretty good for a smart phone.

I'm enjoying my Ally and the 2.2 update will make it even more enjoyable!

Its too bad its getting poor reviews. No its not an Incredible, but wasn't meant to be.

Yeah my wife loves her ally that i got her with my upgrade, she had the devour which the battery life sucked on really bad, now this battery lasts her pretty much all day even with streaming pandora and such while she runs.

battery life on all smart phones is going to be less than any non smart phone since the phone is always connected to the internet while a non smartphone isnt connected at all to the internet.

Comptrgeek

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Got my wife her ally with my upgrade too, she likes it so far. Question though, is there a way to remove some of the preinstalled apps to free up space without rooting?

Foolish

Reaction score
My wife loves hers as well....... its been rooted which is cool i just wish someone would make a few custom roms for it that would make it quite sweet for her......maybe a little over clock

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Custom Recovery Image Is Available For The LG Ally

lg-ally-sm.jpg

The LG Ally might be a lesser known, but the community has been hard at work on it. The LG Ally acquired root back in June and since then, development for this device has been quiet. This custom recovery image enables custom ROMs and full image backup. Forums member drellisdee is the one who created this recovery image from Amon_Ra’s source so it comes with all of the goodies. Currently there aren’t any custom ROMs for the LG Ally, but with this custom [FONT=&quot]][FONT=&quot]recovery[/FONT][/FONT] image available, we are sure to see some surface really soon.

For more information and links head over to Android Forums.
Source: Phandroid

How many of you are itching for a custom ROM on your LG Ally? Let us know in the comments below.

Custom Recovery Image Is Available For The LG Ally AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Hah I'm sure there are wallpapers that do just that :p

Or you could download one of the home replacement apps and just install themes to it. I put ADW Launcher on my gf's LG Ally and she loves the stickers theme.