Lg Ally tether to PS3??

Jprosser

Reaction score
i have seen many people claiming to connect their android device to their laptop and then to their ps3 in order to get online thru the phones internet. My modem is not compatable with certain ps3 online games and there are no other alternatives I have called the cable company...SUCKS!
I have tried barnacle it connects to my computer fine and internet works good but it will not connect to the ps3. the ethernet connection just disconnects and recconects constantly and the ps3 will not connect. I have tried many things for the last 2 hours. The app Wifi Tether For Root does not work on my ally and i dont know why it says that the kernals are not there i dont know how to fix this for this app to run. Any suggestions? thanks in advanced and YES MY PHONE IS ROOTED

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Easiest solution is to look for a WiFi enabled kernel for your phone. Ally development is spotty, and I don't know if there is a kernel out there or not. Your modem issue is the first I've heard of with your PS3, but I'm not an online gamer.
On a side note, search the forums for the multiple posts on gaming and tethering, so you are aware of the potenital can of worms you could open.
Good luck!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
U can root ur ally. Its easier for this. Barnicle wifi tether is great I use it. It actually makes ur ally work as a wifi modem I connect other phones with no service, gaming machines even my laptop to get online. And its totally free.

<Rooted droid ally>
>> velocity 0.3 <<
>>running turbo4<<