Lg ally 2.2 update?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I had spoken to tech support on black friday about when android 2.2 for the lg ally be updated. Tech checked and told me that it has to be sent out in stages for the reason of there are to many lg allys. It's not like a small update that everyone gets at same time. This started on nov. 19th. Tech support also says that you can go to a verizon corporate own store and have them install 2.2 for you. You must have 50% of battery and it takes 20 minutes to load. So be patient because you might get it as read this. They also said they cant tell who will get it in what stage with a serial number, I'VE tried.
I hope for Ally users sake, TS wasnt feeding you a line. I checked all the usual suspects, and no one has received an update... YET. That doesnt mean one isnt coming, but is hasnt been pushed as of yet.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
There may have been miscomminucation, the last update was NOT froyo (2.2), but it did add somr froyo features.

If you notice, your official google market app is different, you can update all now, and it separates comments on the app page.

I checked on my gfs ally, and actually she doidnt get verizons bloatware.
Maybe its because she's rooted? Dunno.

Droidforums.net appified!

ryanidcomm

Reaction score
So I can go to corporate and get 2.2 ?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

i.joshua2584

Reaction score
I read an article on verizon that maybe Feb. 2011 might be getting the update for Froyo.

Djnatez

Reaction score
Ya on the LG forum a rep had posted a official update....february 2011 ..... long time to wait

Bilgediver

Reaction score
My guess is that if they have an official date, then they've finished a 2.2 ROM for the LG Ally, and are currently in testing, so its only a matter of time.