Lg ally 2.2 update?

Trevor1217

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the 2.2 froyo update is coming out for the lg ally? Or know how to get it on there?

Sent from my Ally using DroidForums App

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
Its like asking for direct x support on linux nowdays

Djnatez

Reaction score
Considering that a LG rep has posted on their forums that the Ally would get the update and all the confirmed phone calls to lg about it, I would say yeah just a matter of time. If they don't bring it out that makes lg look bad, them lieing to their customers.

I would say the end of december or start of january we'll get it.

OP
T

Trevor1217

Reaction score
Do you know if it will have flashplayer on the update cause that would be sick

OP
T

Trevor1217

Reaction score
Well acording to Djnatez there will be

gmhyman

Reaction score
Is there even a way to update the ally?

Verizon sent out an update 1 for Android 2.1 recently - it's pretty automatic, they push, you say OK, and the phone updates - 1-2 reboots later, it's done. In other words, yes, the Ally can be updated.

Cirnoskire

Reaction score

Verizon sent out an update 1 for Android 2.1 recently - it's pretty automatic, they push, you say OK, and the phone updates - 1-2 reboots later, it's done. In other words, yes, the Ally can be updated.

I've already got it when I bought the phone.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there is a solitary Android device out there that doesn't have OTA update capabilities. That would be like having a Windows PC that lacked Windows Update.

gmhyman

Reaction score
Yet another update came out this morning - you should have it by now, and, like I said, it's pretty automatic, albeit a little slow - full process is about 5 minutes.

I've already got it when I bought the phone.

debjself

Reaction score
Alot of people got a update last week on SW version VS740ZVB. The update was VS740ZVC. I did not get it,was wondering what it involved as far as changes?

ryanidcomm

Reaction score
it was pretty much bloatware from verizon. 2.2 is coming for the ally if not a hacked version from canada will be here soon enough. if flash videos are a huge deal for you try skyfire works like a charm for me!

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
I got an update somewhere last night didn't see its prompt till this morning

Cirnoskire

Reaction score
Use to work till they updated it

timdimore

Reaction score
Android 2.2 is here for lg ally!!!

I had spoken to tech support on black friday about when android 2.2 for the lg ally be updated. Tech checked and told me that it has to be sent out in stages for the reason of there are to many lg allys. It's not like a small update that everyone gets at same time. This started on nov. 19th. Tech support also says that you can go to a verizon corporate own store and have them install 2.2 for you. You must have 50% of battery and it takes 20 minutes to load. So be patient because you might get it as read this. They also said they cant tell who will get it in what stage with a serial number, I'VE tried.