Let's do some real world comparison

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
One of my fears about leaving verizon was the fact that I would have dropped calls left and right and data being slow. Now I am on at&t I can say that neither appears to be an issue. Those who are on different carriers other than vzw I would like to hear from you.

What issues are you having (ie dropped calls, slow data, poor signal), if any?

How many dropped calls have you had since you signed up?

Approximately where are you located (don't need to give exact east coast, south, etc is good enough )?

What do you miss about verizon if any?

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
What issues are you having (ie dropped calls, slow data, poor signal), if any?

How many dropped calls have you had since you signed up?

Approximately where are you located (don't need to give exact east coast, south, etc is good enough )?

What do you miss about verizon if any?

1) When I first bought my device I had an issue where it would show I had full lte but didnt have data but that was fixed with an ota. Been good since (knock on wood).

2) I have to admit since I switched in November I had about 3 or 4 drops but not sure if it was on my end or there end. Either way I will post it as mine to be conservative.

3) Mid-South

4) NFL Mobile app. Other than that during the off-season I don;t mis verizon at all. I like saving money and my phone work just as good (if not better) as my devices I had on verizon. I use my phone as my primary means of communications and I can easily get a hold of someone and they can get a hold of me.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm on AT&T and for some reason I don't see all the problems with dropped calls that some other people talk about. I spent a lot of time on my phone and I travel all over North Georgia including up in the mountains and I haven't noticed a big problem.

I do know that in the North Georgia Mountains on AT&T there are a lot of places where there is no 3G service much less 4G service. Verizon does at least have 3G in those same areas where AT&T doesn't. But I have to say I have not been disappointed with AT&T's connection abilities.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
T-Mobile here... been with them before, and just switched back last week. I'm in the DFW area where almost everybody has at least decent signal.

If I got HSPA+42 solid everywhere, I'd never want/need LTE. It's great. But LTE rolls out here in a few months anyway. Simultaneous voice/data everywhere is great as well.

No major issues so far, but I expect the occasional dropped call in buildings, etc., as the GSM frequencies simply don't penetrate as well.

One major plus that was unexpected: HD Voice. It's incredible. It's like going from a "can't get it loud enough" AM radio station to a "gotta turn it down!" HD Radio station. I never thought call quality like this was even possible. It has it's limitations - has to be the same carrier and has to be a phone that can do HD Voice (most of the latest/greatest can), but man it's nice.

As far as signal strength - I stay in a 10 miles radius for pretty much 99% of my time, and rarely travel. Tmo is very strong in my vicinity. So I have zero complaints. However, I know if I traveled more, especially outside of the city at all, it would be a different story and I'd probably have times where I missed Verizon.