leftspin help with rom

earlybill1

Reaction score
Sorry to keep bugging u but I've been having trouble with my rom liberty v 3 2.0 so just asking how and if its possible to flash over liberty rom to a new rom or would I need to flash back to stock rom like 340,596,or 602 thanks man if ya can help or anyone lol

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You don't have to go back to stock... but you have to flash roms that are either 602/605 based

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
You don't have to go back to stock... but you have to flash roms that are either 602/605 based

Cellar Door

"Who are you people and where is my horse?"[

Ok so would I use my current roms recovery and how would I know if the rom is 602 or 05 I thought it'd have to just be gingerbread rom or kernel
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Also do I wipe everything and do complete factory reset

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the op post of the rom will tell you what you need to be on before you flash... and 596 has a different kernel then 602/605... you can flash a 596 rom on 602... but you just do some downgrading is all...
yes you would use the recovery that's built into rom(by holding power then reboot recovery)
and yes... when switching roms... you want to wipe cache/dalvik/factory data rest... and it's also a good idea to format /system as well

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
the op post of the rom will tell you what you need to be on before you flash... and 596 has a different kernel then 602/605... you can flash a 596 rom on 602... but you just do some downgrading is all...
yes you would use the recovery that's built into rom(by holding power then reboot recovery)
and yes... when switching roms... you want to wipe cache/dalvik/factory data rest... and it's also a good idea to format /system as well

Ok but I've flashed alot of roms b4 and always went back to a stock rom ( I guess just a waste of time lol) but I've never done anything with format /system what is that? What will it do? And sorry but after wiping everything and doing factory reset what are the steps for that and do I do it last like just find format / system and press it and that's it or is there more sorry man but I've never done that b4 kinda nervous to do it lol maybe nothing bad can happen thanks for ur quick replies

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ya... there's no reason to go back to stock first...

format /system... is just that really... it formats... wipes... the system partition... most roms in the install script already do that... but it's just a precaution that wont hurt to do...
ya... it'll be under... mounts and storage... and you'll see where to mount each partition and format for them as well...

OP
E

earlybill1

Reaction score
Koool last question how do I keep my bookmarks on the Google search because sometimes after I flash a rom all my bookmarks are gone and I can't gettem back what can I do to keep them

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
on that part... i'm not too positive... i don't really use google search much

but looks like cliff got it for ya at dxf...

leftspin

Reaction score
Koool last question how do I keep my bookmarks on the Google search because sometimes after I flash a rom all my bookmarks are gone and I can't gettem back what can I do to keep them

You could try backing up the data for that app in Titanium Backup and then restoring the data once you've flashed your new ROM. Sorry I missed this thread (my name's in it and everything! :cool:), I live in NJ and we've got no power or cell service so I haven't been online much.