LED control yet?

joker402

Reaction score
Any one figure out how to work the LED yet to customize the notifications? I know you can use lightflow but id like something more native or more flexible to control things like word fued, WWF, ect

Artimis

Reaction score
I'd like to know too (currently using light flow). We may just have to wait for CM9 to drop.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Haven't found any, Light Flow is new to me and figured it out last night, definitely happy with it.

OP
joker402

joker402

Reaction score
Hows battery life? I figured we probly would have to wait untill CM9.

moneymaker19

Reaction score
anyone know how to get ligh flow to make sms light up? I have it enabled and its not working I tried handcent and cant get it to work either? any help would be great!! also did you notice when you downloade light flow it says it remembers your credit card info? whats up with that

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
anyone know how to get ligh flow to make sms light up? I have it enabled and its not working I tried handcent and cant get it to work either? any help would be great!! also did you notice when you downloade light flow it says it remembers your credit card info? whats up with that

LF didnt work for me until I was rooted. Maybe try reinstalling? ^^ I'm getting great battery life, I'm at 50% after 14.5 hours! *moderate use, wifi

smokiedabong

Reaction score
Took a lot of tweaks and a lot of tinkering with different settings in Light Flow, but now that I got it working I love it, I like how if it's has multiple type of notifications it'll blink all colors. I didn't notice any extra battery drain. I am rooted with custom ROM.

Artimis

Reaction score
Is anyone having issues with LED lights not showing for apps that can't go through light flow and light flow is installed?

For example, I use touchdown for corporate email and the lights are not showing anymore when I get an email through there.

Last edited:

pchakmak

Reaction score
Do you have to be rooted for LF to work? I am NOT rooted and it works for GTalk and Gmail. Does NOT work for handcent. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
My LED works fine for gmail and handcent notification.
I tried light flow only to turn on the LED while charging and charged, but it didn't work.

Reaction score
Light Flow works great. You do need to be rooted for it to work with system and downloaded apps. Gives great flexibility for controlling the LED. The GNex has such a good LED indicator compared to my previous OG Droid. Good thing this app works.

hyperdude

Reaction score
Are you sure it needs to be rooted to work? I'm not rooted and it's working fine controlling the LED for the stock SMS app, Gmail, Calendar, etc.

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure it needs to be rooted but I'm rooted and it did request root permissions.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Nubbie

Reaction score
I have Handcent and the LED works fine. I really like the Samsung LED coloring though. Handcent doesnt allow to use that notification. but the stock messenger is so bland.

Handcent looks a little outdated now though.

doublea500

Reaction score
what color is your led? i cant even describe mine its so weird