Leaving Palm after 14 years...

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Well it was a good run but with the almost clownish launch of the Palm Pre and acquisition by HP... the writing was on the wall. For me it all started with the Palm Pilot 1000 and ends with my Treo 700p.

I just ordered my Droid X and I'm excited about the possibilities. I've been doing all of the research online about apps to replace the ones on my 700p that I've come to rely on. Hopefully by the time it arrives in the mail on the 17th I should have compiled a list of apps I'm going to immediately install. All of the basic accessories have been ordered and are on their way!

I look forward to hanging out with all of you and doing my best to contribute to the Android community.

Stan :palm:dancedroid

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! The X is a fantastic device. Check out the X section in the Forum.

Mike

OP
GraveTrain

GraveTrain

Reaction score
It's here!!! It's here!!!! My DX showed up a week early and just arrived a day after my case arrived. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone and gleaning some valuable information... especially about rooting this bad boy!!! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's here!!! It's here!!!! My DX showed up a week early and just arrived a day after my case arrived. Looking forward to hanging out with everyone and gleaning some valuable information... especially about rooting this bad boy!!! dancedroid:icon_ banana:

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Now I have to caution you, be excited by all means but get ready for a learning curve. We will be here to help.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
haha well rooting is nice but make sure you read up on how do to it properly

i have a rooting a DX guide in my signature (click on ROOTING). there are one-click methods out there, but those cause problems.

and if you have any questions feel free and ask :)

OP
GraveTrain

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Thanks... I've been doing research on all of the apps and widgets I want to get during this waiting period. Should I just go ahead and start loading this bad boy up with the apps BEFORE rooting?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
rooting really isnt gonna change what apps/settings you have so its your choice..

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I'm so happy for you and your enthusiasm Is so dang nice!!!!

OP
GraveTrain

GraveTrain

Reaction score
Wanna know why I'm so enthusiastic?

About a month ago, I was standing there on my phone. After I hung up, a friend of a friend who was dining with us asked me,

She: "You must hold a pretty high position work..."

Me: "What? Why would make you think that?"

She: "They gave you a satellite phone."

Me: "A satellite phone? You mean my Palm 700P?"

She: "Oh, I assumed that it was a new satellite phone because it had such a big antenna and it was so thick"

Me: arghhhh.... (time to buy a new phone)

gear_diary_palm_treo_700p_12.JPG

turdbogls

Reaction score
haha...that made me laugh. welcome to the forums. android does have a learning curve but in no time you will learn to love it. I couldn't go without it now.