New Droid Owner

NurdCore

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just signed up to the forums and decided to make my introduction post immediately so I can learn as much about my new phone as possible.

I've been a long time Verizon customer and smartphone user. My first ever smartphone was the old Palm Treo 700wx. That phone was a beast and I managed to keep that one for almost 4 years.

My next endeavor with a smartphone was to move from that Palm to the Blackberry Storm 2. I had a love hate relationship with this phone. As strictly a communication device for calling, text, and email; the phone rocked hands down. But, for other things like social networking, news, media, and office apps; it was lacking badly and had a high cost of operation with very few useful apps being free.

Now I'm on my 3rd smart phone, the Droid X. I've only had this for about a month so far and I honestly have to say already that it's the best smartphone I have ever owned so far. Besides my dislike of the physical function keys, I don't really have much negative to say about this phone. I'm a little annoyed by the bloatware Verizon forces me to have on the phone, but they did this with the storm 2 also, but I was able to hide the icons to the bloatware on that so they would not be distracting.

So, I'm going to bring my intro to an end and start digging in the forums for some information. My first order of business, I need to decide is if I want to root my phone. So, I'm going to do some research of the pros and cons of doing it and see if they fit my needs.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum. Glad to have you on board.:)