Leaked Pics & Specs of the Motorola Droid 4 Surface

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
droid4-1.jpg

If you were one of the folks a bit disappointed by the Motorola Droid 3 because it just didn't quite have the "punch" you were looking for, then these photos and specs of the upcoming Motorola Droid 4 may pique your interest. Our friends at Droid-Life were able to get hold of these exclusive pics of the upcoming device, and we gotta share our appreciation. The new phone looks pretty amazing. Here is a feature breakdown:
  • 4″ screen
  • Full 5-row “illuminated” keyboard
  • RAZR styling
  • 4G LTE
  • Android 2.3.5
  • 1080p video recording (possbily 8MP)
  • Front camera
  • HDMI out
  • MotoACTV syncing
Finally, we are seeing a 4G LTE Motorola phone with a slide-out keyboard. The only negative to the phone they reported is that because of the super-thin design, the battery will not be removable. We don't know the processor yet, but they were able to get a ton of info. It's also disappointing that it will initially come with Gingerbread instead of ICS, but considering it's still in the prototype phase, that could change before launch. Speaking of which, no word on availability, but we will keep our eyes open for you! You can click on the source link below for the rest of the pics. What do the "OG Droid-Style" fans think of this news?

Thanks for the tip, Arkbird!

Source: Droid-Life

Last edited:

loki993

Reaction score
Was really looking forward to the GN, Rezound or the Razr but that just screwed me. Looks a whole lot better then that lump thats the D3, I wonder when its coming, soon hopefully.

Man I need a job at Motorolla

ilikemoneygreen

Silver Member
Reaction score
To the OG droid comment, this phone has nothing to do with the D1, they messed with the software...thus 50%of this phone isn't like the d1 out of default. The onlything this has in commen is the droid name and I guess the fact that it has a keyboard. Haha sorry, I'm sore about motos software.

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
And where exactly is the punch on this?

I did say, "...may pique your interest." ;)

Some folks are huge fans of the OG Droid styling and/or slide-out keyboards. Also, it is fairly impressive how they made it that thin with a slider. A lot could depend on CPU specs and pricing too...

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Yeah not a fan of motoblur, or whatever they call it now. Luckily it can be replaced with 3rd party launchers.

Sleek looking device and those keys look huge, which should be helpful for big hands like mine.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah not a fan of motoblur, or whatever they call it now. Luckily it can be replaced with 3rd party launchers.

Sleek looking device and those keys look huge, which should be helpful for big hands like mine.
The new Blur isn't bad. It has a lot of ICS like features and is pretty smooth and quick.

Also, there are several more pictures at Droid-Life so go check them out!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
2.3.5 :shocked-b::serious::disappointed:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
The new Blur isn't bad. It has a lot of ICS like features and is pretty smooth and quick.

Also, there are several more pictures at Droid-Life so go check them out!

Yeah it's an improvement over the original, but still not really a fan of the new one. If I do get a moto device I'm pretty sure I'll be replacing the launcher, butdefinitely going give the stock launcher a shot though.

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
On droid life they said it has a non removable battery

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
This should have been the Droid 3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This should have been the Droid 3.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums
dgstorm and I were having this discussion earlier. A lot of people are probably thinking this should have been the D3 but better late than never right?

On droid life they said it has a non removable battery

"Finally, we are seeing a 4G LTE phone with a slide-our keyboard. The only negative to the phone they reported is that because of the super-thin design, the battery will not be removable."

He said that in the OP ;).

deborah3756

Reaction score
What's with all these phones pushing out before the proceeding "new" phones are in customer hands? New phones obsolete before they hit the stores, strange, dontcha think?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Ricardo_r21

Reaction score
"Finally, we are seeing a 4G LTE phone with a slide-our keyboard. The only negative to the phone they reported is that because of the super-thin design, the battery will not be removable."

He said that in the OP ;).

I missed that :p the public school system has failed me loljk, I skimmed through the OP. I wonder if this is something motorola is gonba keep doing, first the razor now the D4.