[LEAK] Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx ICS Delayed, Best Buy Screenshot

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
razrupdate.jpeg

Last week an image from Best Buy's internal systems showed that the Motorola Droid RAZR/Maxx update to Android 4.0 were due to be pushed on April 4th. As we all know, it's now April 5th and RAZR/Maxx owners are still without the update. So what happened? According to a Best Buy tipster the updates have been delayed and he/she provided a screenshot. The tipster did not mention when the updates would be pushing out and there was also no mention or why it was delayed.

What's interesting to note is that the Rezound's update has not been cancelled, so we will see if this screenshot holds any water. There always seems to be controversy surrounding Android OS upgrades and things have not changed with ICS. It's coming, it's not, it's due then, it's been delayed. A good rule of thumb is to never believe the first 4-5 rumors that make the rounds. Nine times out of ten they are never right. What say you? Legit screenshot, or is someone trying to cover their buttocks?

Via: Phonedog

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
doubt it.. but time will tell ICS will be 3rd quarter on rezound or razor my guess

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
doubt it.. but time will tell ICS will be 3rd quarter on rezound or razor my guess

I dont know rezound users are playing with the leaked version (which looks very well like the final product). I betting the rezound is not to far off from ics... In fact most rooted rezound users have been playing with a stable ics since mid February.

ka1z0ku

Reaction score
Could be a side-effect of the thousands of people who flooded the Dev/Staging servers a couple days ago using the Cheesecake app. There's a way to install that very leak (6.14.75) without using Moto's servers now, so I am actually fairly unconcerned with this delay.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Rezound could still be true. The Razr/Maxx info was just flat wrong to begin with, and whoever posted that on Best Buy is probably just covering their behind now. ;) It's all over the place that the current soak test which was supposed to start today is a GB patch, not ICS. The Rezound, however, matches up with HTC's said timeframe, or pretty close to it - plus, as pc stated, there's been a leak for that floating around for awhile, and that leak was supposedly tagged as a release candidate.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont know rezound users are playing with the leaked version (which looks very well like the final product). I betting the rezound is not to far off from ics... In fact most rooted rezound users have been playing with a stable ics since mid February.

hope i am wrong .. that would make a lot of (stock) rezound users happy.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
The Rezound could still be true. The Razr/Maxx info was just flat wrong to begin with, and whoever posted that on Best Buy is probably just covering their behind now. ;) It's all over the place that the current soak test which was supposed to start today is a GB patch, not ICS. The Rezound, however, matches up with HTC's said timeframe, or pretty close to it - plus, as pc stated, there's been a leak for that floating around for awhile, and that leak was supposedly tagged as a release candidate.

Exactly. The announcement was likely only for the Rezound, and Best Buy just doesn't want to admit they screwed up.

And I wouldn't really expect ICS for at least a couple of months. Any sooner than that, they wouldn't have bothered with the GB update.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC phones have or are nearing launch with ics.. The Rezound could get it first.

The thing is ics for the RAZR looks so much like stock it may be easier to update than the Rezound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Last edited:

droidshot®

Reaction score
Well for me, I really don't care. My Razr is working great and taking awesome pictures. I don't want some update that might mess up my phone!

ExodusC

Reaction score
I hope the Rezound rumor is true, just because I have a friend with a Rezound and I would love to see what the official ICS will be like on it.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have a Rezound too...and I was gonna try to switch it out. Might hold on to it just to see. But...the one I have or the sim card needs to be exchanged. Hopefully exchanges fix it.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
jroc said:
I have a Rezound too...and I was gonna try to switch it out. Might hold on to it just to see. But...the one I have or the sim card needs to be exchanged. Hopefully exchanges fix it.

I love my rezound. Screenshots below of all the ics love.

View attachment 48924

View attachment 48925

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Forum Runner

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The first pic is me using the blur ics launcher... the second is apex launcher on top of sense 3.6 ics.

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Well for me, I really don't care. My Razr is working great and taking awesome pictures. I don't want some update that might mess up my phone!

THIS....THIS....IS THE MOST REFRESHING COMMENT I'VE SEEN ON THE INTERNET IN WEEKS!!!!

When I have casual conversations w/phone users, they usually say such things like that.

"Eh, I like how my phone is right now. I don't really want updates unless it improves my battery..."

On the internet though?

"WHERE'S MY ICS!?!?!? UGH I HATE HTC/MOTO/SAMSUNG!!! *Goes into hissy fit mode**

It's nice to see a regular comment.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Eh, Best Buy isn't covering for anything. The info we receive in our system is technically supposed to be private information so when we're wrong, it's not supposed to matter. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.