LCD screen went black this morning.

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
Just out of the blue, my screen went black this morning. If you shine a strong light on the screen you can just barely see some things on it. Otherwise it is unusable now. Anyway, do I need to replace the LCD screen or are there some other thing I need to check first? I've had the phone for almost 2 years. No Insurance. Thanks for any help concerning this.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You could be suffering from any number of possible causes. First thing I would do is boot into safe mode.

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/69361

If the screen is still black in this mode, I would call it a complete hardware failure. The backlight could have failed, or it could be a supporting chip, the connector or ribbon cable that connects the screen to the motherboard could have either become partially disconnected or torn, a supporting chip that drives the screen could have failed, a power supply that powers the screen's backlight could have failed...etc.

OP
D

Droid3Guy

Reaction score
I was afraid of that answer. lol Thanks though. I was thinking along those lines actually. So many possibilities. I was actually going to sell this phone in just a few weeks when my contract is up. I guess if I still decide to sell it, the price just went down significantly. Thanks again for the answer.