LCD Density Changer

Reaction score
anyone here besides me tried this out yet? makes the screen look crisper and actually makes it feel bigger..

i got it when it was free from the dev, i think its a dollar on the market right now...heres a thread to it for the Evo 4G...

LCD Density Changer is a must-have, in my opinion. - xda-developers

heres some comparison screenshots of mine...

before
snap20100901_033223.png

after(any blur in this screenshot doesnt show up on my phone in person)
snap20100902_140701.png

to show how it affects some widgets (havent had any problems with mine, but have heard some dont resize right...not sure)

espn before lcd dens changer
380.png

after
snap20100902_143918.png

evo guys set it to 200, i used 205...let me know what you guys think if you try it out. im a big fan...

tu3218

Reaction score
I saw this an it seems very interesting . Not sure if its good for the screen though or not. I don't know much about this. But does it just make the screen bigger, making everything on the screen smaller?

stanrc

Reaction score
So i tried the manual method to modify the pixel density and it does have side effects. First off I will say that it does make the icons in the notification bar slightly blurry, and more importantly when I opened an app there were large black bars on the sides and bottom. The apps didn't readjust for the screen size like the home screen does.

OP
G
Reaction score
theres an option in the app to turn off compatibility mode which fixes the scaling problems..

tu3218

Reaction score
yeah, the one main problem I see is a lot of apps have fixed resolution so they're not full screen. Also widgets like BW, won't be directly centered. If that's the case then this doesn't interest me too much.