LauncherPro?

ChugIt

Reaction score
I will continue to use LauncherPro mainly for the multi-dock and ability to long press and change the items in the docks. This, and the ability to move the dock to either of the 4 sides of the phone (not even available in LauncherPro) should be included in stock firmware with no 3rd party launcher needed. Until that happens I'm using LauncherPro, personally.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
LP might be "god" in it's simplicity but nothing can beat Sweeterhome for customizing.

ChugIt

Reaction score
LP might be "god" in it's simplicity but nothing can beat Sweeterhome for customizing.

I've seen you saying that a few times here and there. That purple theme screenshot you posted DID look pretty cool. Can you tell me a few features that Sweeterhome has that I'm not getting with LauncherPro please? And can I customize the dock and have several docks similar to why I've mentioned I like LauncherPro so much? I'm always up to try new things out on my phone.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

I've seen you saying that a few times here and there. That purple theme screenshot you posted DID look pretty cool. Can you tell me a few features that Sweeterhome has that I'm not getting with LauncherPro please? And can I customize the dock and have several docks similar to why I've mentioned I like LauncherPro so much? I'm always up to try new things out on my phone.

One of the best features is you can make the app icons any size you want.

Here's my app drawer:

snap20100717_052513.png

As far as docks....Yes you can create anything you want. check out my first post in here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...sion-sweeterhome-out-now-live-wallpapers.html

That has FIVE different looks all on one theme. In other words ... you can put a different look and dock bar on each screen with as many apps and different widgets that you want.

ChugIt

Reaction score
OK you've convinced me to try it out. That theme looks really pretty. My daughter will be bugging dad to flash it for her if she sees this!

OP
iHad a G1

iHad a G1

Reaction score
LOL, thread hijack!

In all seriousness, I don't think it's doing too much for my battery but I hoped. I love the app drawer animation (and icon) more than the droid x's. I only use 2 homescreens, I don't need 7... I might want more later and I can simply add more as I want them. I haven't tried ADW, but what the heck, why not?

I love LP because I can customize it and make it mine.

Here's a kicker though, can I change the app drawer background to clear or opaque?

Droooiiid

Reaction score
LOL, thread hijack!

In all seriousness, I don't think it's doing too much for my battery but I hoped. I love the app drawer animation (and icon) more than the droid x's. I only use 2 homescreens, I don't need 7... I might want more later and I can simply add more as I want them. I haven't tried ADW, but what the heck, why not?

I love LP because I can customize it and make it mine.

Here's a kicker though, can I change the app drawer background to clear or opaque?

Yup, you can change the opacity of the app drawer with ADW.

echo6280

Reaction score
I'm currently ruinning the Helix Launcher on my Droid1. If I want to try out Launcherpro do I have to do anything before I download it? For example; do I need to clear the apps off of all my screens? Or will Launcher Pro just integrate everything I currently have into it?

Nadious

Reaction score
I got LP last week and have loved it. The home screens and navigation of the phone is WAY MORE SMOOTH than the stock Droid X. It makes the phone a lot more enjoyable (especially flying through that app drawer). My stock app drawer would just chug all the time... and that got on my nerves. Haven't had that problem with LP yet.

I'm curious about a few others that have been mentioned here. I might have to try them out. But I did just buy LP+ yesterday. I LOVE being able to resize the widgets on the home screen (including those MotorBlur ones.)

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
I just sold my droid on ebay. In an email told the buyer, be SURE to load Launcher Pro. At the same time the question rolled through my mind, yes? Launcher Pro on the X?? And then I remembered that it already had the five screens. So you are finding it still to be better? And have you gone back to stock to verify? I also found as suggested to take off all of the icons i.e. drag them to the trash on the stock home screen prior to loading up and using Launcher Pro. especially widgets. I did not test or confirm performance differences.

Same questions, I guess I'm going to try Launcher Pro and ADW launcher today... I didn't want to hurt the performance, and didn't obviously need the extra screens, so I've been rolling with stock.. I'll try all the launchers today and post my thoughts for what it's worth...

ffej89

Reaction score
I'm currently ruinning the Helix Launcher on my Droid1. If I want to try out Launcherpro do I have to do anything before I download it? For example; do I need to clear the apps off of all my screens? Or will Launcher Pro just integrate everything I currently have into it?

You dont have to clear anything. When launcherPro opens it has a few base apps and widgets on the screen and you just add like normal.

Mule65

Reaction score
Can you hide unused app drawer apps with ADW and SweeterHome?

PACanesFan

Reaction score
Let me slide a quick question in. When pressing the contact icon on the bottom (the silhouette of a person), it takes me to the dialer screen (the phone handset button). I tried changing the shortcut to contacts, but it does the same thing.

Anyone else know or have a workaround for this? It's a great app otherwise.

validoption

Reaction score
Can you hide unused app drawer apps with ADW and SweeterHome?

ADW- no.
Sweeter- don't know, gave it a fair shake for a week on my D1 and didn't care for it. I don't recall seeing that ability, however.

Sent from my DROIDX