LauncherPro Questions

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I realize there is a LP forum, but I thought I'd get more help here on DroidForums since a lot of people here use it.

I just installed this tonight and I had a few questions:
1) I figured out how to get my text notification to show up, but I'm still not getting a sound. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2) Can I change the five icons on the bottom of the screen? I think that's called the "dock"? Currently it has two that go to the dialer.

3) I REALLY like my weather widget that came installed on my Pro. Is there anyway to use it or is there something similar?

4) My lockscreen shows my wallpaper as if I was one screen to the left or right. In other words, it makes the image that is in the center of my wallpaper appear not centered. Is this fixable?

I might have more as I keep using it, but that's all for now. Thanks in advance! :)

harrellj

Reaction score
I realize there is a LP forum, but I thought I'd get more help here on DroidForums since a lot of people here use it.

I just installed this tonight and I had a few questions:
1) I figured out how to get my text notification to show up, but I'm still not getting a sound. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

2) Can I change the five icons on the bottom of the screen? I think that's called the "dock"? Currently it has two that go to the dialer.

3) I REALLY like my weather widget that came installed on my Pro. Is there anyway to use it or is there something similar?

4) My lockscreen shows my wallpaper as if I was one screen to the left or right. In other words, it makes the image that is in the center of my wallpaper appear not centered. Is this fixable?

I might have more as I keep using it, but that's all for now. Thanks in advance! :)

1) Check your text app settings, LauncherPro shouldn't touch sounds.

2) Those icons are indeed the dock and if you swipe left and right in that portion of the screen, you get access to more icon slots. All are configurable with a long press on whichever spot. This includes changing an icon, changing what its point to or adding in a swipe gesture (in my case, my phone icon has a swipe gesture to get to my contacts).

3) Long press on a blank home screen and go to widgets, you should have your weather widget available.

4) Was it centered before installing LP?

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
1) Check your text app settings, LauncherPro shouldn't touch sounds.

2) Those icons are indeed the dock and if you swipe left and right in that portion of the screen, you get access to more icon slots. All are configurable with a long press on whichever spot. This includes changing an icon, changing what its point to or adding in a swipe gesture (in my case, my phone icon has a swipe gesture to get to my contacts).

3) Long press on a blank home screen and go to widgets, you should have your weather widget available.

4) Was it centered before installing LP?

Checked text sounds and it was turned off somehow. Dumb mistake.

Thanks for the answer about the dock.

For some reason I didn't think normal widgets would work in LP. Thanks.

It centered with a reboot, but it was centered before. Not sure what happened there.

harrellj

Reaction score
Is there any reason that I should consider Launcher Plus Pro?

People like the widgets that Fede has added in, plus the ability to resize widgets is popular, and the other reason, to support a great dev.

harrellj

Reaction score
Checked text sounds and it was turned off somehow. Dumb mistake.

Thanks for the answer about the dock.

For some reason I didn't think normal widgets would work in LP. Thanks.

It centered with a reboot, but it was centered before. Not sure what happened there.

Glad its working.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I know there's a way to remove ALL icon names. Is there anyway to do it on an individual basis? I wanna put the home switcher icon on my main screen, but I'd like to tuck it away in the top corner and it would be more or less unnoticeable without the name.

harrellj

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but if you can rename it make the new name be a space. "Named" but invisible :p

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but if you can rename it make the new name be a space. "Named" but invisible :p

How do i rename?

EDIT:
Nevermind, I remembered I could delete and readd to rename easily.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score
I am, however, still having the problem with the offset image on the lockscreen. Weird.

LT*

Reaction score
I am, however, still having the problem with the offset image on the lockscreen. Weird.

Check what you have your default home screen set to in LP preferences>Homescreen settings> Default screen. That should be the center of your home screens. So I have 7 screens with 4 as my home. If you have an even number of screens, you should change it to an odd number to center your wallpaper.

OP
G

gsu_golfer

Reaction score

Check what you have your default home screen set to in LP preferences>Homescreen settings> Default screen. That should be the center of your home screens. So I have 7 screens with 4 as my home. If you have an even number of screens, you should change it to an odd number to center your wallpaper.

I have an odd number of screens with the middle number selected, but I also have the wallpaper scrolling thing turned off, so that my wallpaper image is centered on every screen.

motoconvert

Reaction score
You can also turn off wallpaper scrolling, seems to help me keep my wallpaper centered. Hope that helps...

must....check...forums...(even before i get out of bed)

LT*

Reaction score

I have an odd number of screens with the middle number selected, but I also have the wallpaper scrolling thing turned off, so that my wallpaper image is centered on every screen.

Actually, I misread you post. I'm not sure why the lock screen wallpaper would ever be off center.

Beka27

Reaction score

How many screens are you using and which is your default?

I have 4 screens, #2 is my default (therefore I have 1 to the left and 2 to the right of my "main" screen).

Did you double-check what is in Preferences> Homescreen settings?

I don't have a lock on my phone, but I don't recall my pic being "off" when I did.