Launcher pro

richjacksonkc

Reaction score
Since I haven't got my X yet, a quick question about using LauncherPro on the X.

I've read in other forums that using a third party launcher has the chance of really causing issues with the X and Blur home, anyone attest to this?

These people were installing a "Home Switcher" app to deal with it, is this all really necessary?

Not sure exactly what problems your referring to, but the biggest issue I've heard of w/ X/LP/Blur is that LP basically breaks the blur launcher once you install it (in other words you have to do a restore to get full blur launcher functionality back) don't know if this is 100% true or not, but I can say that I have no problem switching between LP and other home launcher apps, although that's irrelevant b/c once you install LP (and especially LP+) you won't have a need for other launchers..

..and this is coming from someone who HATED aftermarket launchers on my Droid 1 b/c of the latency...

LP+ makes the DX quicker, more functional, and prettier.. you will enjoy it..

IamGod2U

Reaction score
I'm reading good things about Launcher pro and plus...but then some people are having major problems with the X and LP.

What will happen when 2.2 comes out?

I am using LP+ on my DX w/o any "major" problems. THe only one that is an inconvenience is the Moto Contact quick task widget resizing after each reboot. Other than that, no issues. Great launcher!! dancedroid

Yes, that is REALLY annoying. I had to get rid of the widgets I had there.

PSUlion01

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully add direct text/call shortcuts in LPP dock?
I've tried numerous times with AnyCut and BetterCut, but each time the shortcut appears on the home screen instead of the LPP dock. I've successfully added other shortcuts, folderorganizer label groups, etc, but the Any/BetterCut direct text/call shortcuts don't want to save in the dock. Any ideas?