Launcher pro vs. Launcher pro plus

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have to agree with what the others have said about the ability to customize LP+ and also the calendar and people widgets.

Not to mention if I find a developer that offers something I enjoy/use I like to do the upgrades or donations to show my appreciation. It's only a couple of dollars (altho it can add up)and its a nice way to say thank you.

As for the flip clock / weather widgets there are a lot of options out there some free some a small fee it all depends on what you want from it.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Im using beautiful widget for my clock amd weather. Im very pleased with it. For my calender im using jorte. I just used the the 4x4 to fill up the screen. Works well for me. I also use the lp agenda widget. Thats a nice scrollable one.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Actually you can use the Home Switcher app and set your default. Super easy!

Home Switcher? Do telll....

It's a free app in the Market. It gives you option to go back and forth between launchers as well as choose your default. Give it a try!

The app HomeSmack is also good. If you're getting Home Switcher and you have Froyo, be sure to get Home Switcher for Froyo as the original version won't quite work.

jmorton10

Reaction score
Im using beautiful widget for my clock amd weather. Im very pleased with it. For my calender im using jorte. I just used the the 4x4 to fill up the screen. Works well for me. I also use the lp agenda widget.

LauncherPro+ is awesome, here is a shot running LPP+ with weather & toggle widjet for clock/weather, Jorte calendar (clicking on it brings up a full screen calendar) & custom wallpaper along with a custom dock bars & icons.

snap20110318_100755.png

LPP is fast as hell, never lags or freezes etc has tons of custom options.

~John

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
I am also using plus and have the home switcher app to switch if I want to between default, lpp, or adw.

Jenaht

Reaction score
Since I last posted I've pretty much abandoned LPP and prefer GO Launcher Ex. It is very customizable, has scrolling dock, app drawer customizations (as well as ability to close processes, changing sorting options etc), and lovely folders. One of the aspects of the folders I like so much is that when you put items into your folders (either on screens or in the app drawer), you get to see icon previews of the apps you put inside. Great feature.

Also several themes and I tend to like the GO products in general (GO-SMS is a great texting application) and also trying GO Contacts (it keeps your Google Contacts Groups that have synced over!)

The only reason that I moved over from LPP to GO Launcher Ex is because while it's customizable, it just didn't quite have everything that I liked. I think GO Launcher is a cross of ADW and LPP; that is what I've read anyway.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So how do you resize icons in lpp

I think you long press on a widget and it'll give you the option to resize.

I'm trying Go Launcher at the moment. One thing with LP; when I took my Droid off the multimedia dock sometimes the time was frozen in BW or lagged behind. Restarting LP corrected it. That hasn't happened (yet) with GO.

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy Note 5
Twitter
@healthymommy13
So you can only resize lpp icons? Not custom ones?

jmorton10

Reaction score
One thing with LP; when I took my Droid off the multimedia dock sometimes the time was frozen in BW or lagged behind.

I noticed that too with LP, but it was no big deal really as it catches up in a few seconds & never did it in any other app.

I still run LPP+ (& absolutely love it) but haven't used the worthless MM dock in 6 months.

~John

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you can only resize lpp icons? Not custom ones?

I was talking about widgets, not apps, sorry. But in any case any widget you want to resize.

One thing with LP; when I took my Droid off the multimedia dock sometimes the time was frozen in BW or lagged behind.

I noticed that too with LP, but it was no big deal really as it catches up in a few seconds & never did it in any other app.

~John

Nope, for me when it was off, BW stayed off until I restarted LP. I'd arrive at work and think I had arrived 15 minutes early and it was really 3 minutes early. And the clock on BW was off the either commute.

jmorton10

Reaction score
Nope, for me when it was off, BW stayed off until I restarted LP.

Maybe a BW problem??

Although I have BW Premium (or whatever its called) I haven't used it in months. As soon as I discovered weather & toggle widjets I haven't used anything else:

snap20110318_100755.png

~John

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nope, for me when it was off, BW stayed off until I restarted LP.

Maybe a BW problem??

Although I have BW Premium (or whatever its called) I haven't used it in months. As soon as I discovered weather & toggle widjets I haven't used anything else:

~John

Same here, but I haven't had a time sync problem with BW and Go Launcher. Go fig.

I've been using LP+ for some time and it's hard to find a launcher that matches it. Lots of things to play with.