Launcher pro vs. Launcher pro plus

jasonD

Reaction score
Could someone tell what you get when you upgrade to the plus? I really only see that you can do is back up and resize your widgets along with a few more widgets for facebook etc.... I originally thought you got some new cool widgets like a clock with weather. Do i need to get the beautiful widgets upgrade for that? Am i missing something?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Could someone tell what you get when you upgrade to the plus? I really only see that you can do is back up and resize your widgets along with a few more widgets for facebook etc.... I originally thought you got some new cool widgets like a clock with weather. Do i need to get the beautiful widgets upgrade for that? Am i missing something?

You get their widgets and the ability to resize your other widgets. It really worth it if you are into totally cuatomization. And their widgets are really nice too.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
I like the option of resizing however when you do that it really changes the look of what is shown on the widget. So on the widget screen it shows all the available widgets? So does it not have the clock with weather widget? I guess i need to buy another app?

Jambanc

Reaction score
U can add more columns and rows 2 ur homescreens up 2 10 on each that way u can move ur Widgets closer together and even overlap them it works good 4 me u just have 2 resize some Widgets but that takes only a second.

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I like the option of resizing however when you do that it really changes the look of what is shown on the widget. So on the widget screen it shows all the available widgets? So does it not have the clock with weather widget? I guess i need to buy another app?

There is a setting in LP that should let you size widgets to the grid size. This should fix that issue. I mainly use LP for the calender widget, best one hands down. I use ADW EX now cause I like the available themes.

OP
J

jasonD

Reaction score
Can you use more than one launcher?

Jenaht

Reaction score
Can you use more than one launcher?

Yes. I am trying out Launcher pro and Go launcher. Tried ADW Launcher and it's nice. However no scrolling icons on the dock. I prefer scrolling on the Dock

Sent from my Stock Fascinate using DroidForums App

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can use both but you will always get the popup that asks you to select which one to use every time u go home. Annoying if you ask me. But I do like LP scrollable dock. Its nice. Each one has its pros and cons.

Jenaht

Reaction score
You can use both but you will always get the popup that asks you to select which one to use every time u go home. Annoying if you ask me. But I do like LP scrollable dock. Its nice. Each one has its pros and cons.

Sent from my DROIDX using
DroidForums App

Actually you can use the Home Switcher app and set your default. Super easy!

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

DroidForums App

Home Switcher? Do telll....

Jenaht

Reaction score

DroidForums App

Home Switcher? Do telll....

It's a free app in the Market. It gives you option to go back and forth between launchers as well as choose your default. Give it a try!

epsilonbass

Reaction score

There is a setting in LP that should let you size widgets to the grid size. This should fix that issue. I mainly use LP for the calender widget, best one hands down. I use ADW EX now cause I like the available themes.

+1 for the calendar widget, I haven't been able to find anything as nice.

echonaut

Reaction score
Pure Grid Calendar is a nice substitute for the LP+ calendar widget, but I still agree with everyone else, the LP+ widget is far superior.

Jenaht

Reaction score
Pure Grid Calendar is a nice substitute for the LP+ calendar widget, but I still agree with everyone else, the LP+ widget is far superior.

I actually love Android Agenda Widget. Very customizable and scrolls with the Launcher Pro. Goes right into your calendar when tapped.

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
I upgraded to plus specifically for the calendar widget. It is the cleanest one I have seen. You also get some other cool widgets and the ability to resize widgets as well as column options for your homescreens. Well worth the $3 in my opinion.