Launcher pro not responding? /default icons

chad_petree

Reaction score
Im using launcher pro and 90% of the times it freezes when i hit the home button, it takes like 20 seconds for the icons to appear and for me to be able to scroll through the screens :icon_evil: is anyone else having these problem?

By the way does someone have the default browser icon used in froyo? i like it better than the one used in launcher pro

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
Running Launcher Pro 0.6.0 here on a Telus Milestone on AT&T, working fine.

Good back to the stock launcher and clear all the defaults then select LP as your default launcher.

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score
Running Launcher Pro 0.6.0 here on a Telus Milestone on AT&T, working fine.

Good back to the stock launcher and clear all the defaults then select LP as your default launcher.

U mean go back right, dont u? Clear what defaults?

Last edited:

Szadzik

Reaction score
Ok, but i think he was talking about doing this to the "default launcher" and im pretty sure it doesnt appear in applications :/

I am pretty sure you are wrong.

Under Applications in the drawer it is not showing but I am pointing to SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS and it is there.

WirelessGuy

Reaction score
Clear what defaults?

Settings> Applications>Managa Applications:Launcher Pro>Clear Defaults.
Ok, but i think he was talking about doing this to the "default launcher" and im pretty sure it doesnt appear in applications :/

Yes, the default launcher.

SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS then hit the Menu button and select FILTER, in the FILTER menu select ALL, you will then see an APP called HOME (which is your default launcher). Clear the Data and Cache of that app (HOME). If they are greyed out, you need to switch to using the home launcher first, to do this clear the defaults of LauncherPro and then hit the home button and the option will come up to use LP or the stock launcher, select the stock launcher and then you will be able to go back into the SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS menu (doing the filter thing again) and be able to clear the stock launchers defaults.

Shmooze

Reaction score
how would I prevent launcher pro from going to default after a reboot?

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

I am pretty sure you are wrong.

Under Applications in the drawer it is not showing but I am pointing to SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS and it is there.

well i did that with launcher pro if thats what u're saying , still having the same issues

FadedSpark

Reaction score
I've had a couple crashes with the latest version of launcher pro. It's been better today.

Reaction score
Clear what defaults?

Well I'm equally sure it doesn't too. There is no default launcher at all, LP shows but nothing can be changed except "uninstall" and "force stop". I tried "filter" and it seemed to do nothing.

I was getting FS's today so I made the default launcher the er default how do you change it back?

I deleted the older version of LP and then installed the latest but it doesn't come up when I hit the home key.

Last edited:

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Im using launcher pro and 90% of the times it freezes when i hit the home button, it takes like 20 seconds for the icons to appear and for me to be able to scroll through the screens :icon_evil: is anyone else having these problem?

By the way does someone have the default browser icon used in froyo? i like it better than the one used in launcher pro

Exact same thing happens to me..

OP
C

chad_petree

Reaction score

Yes, the default launcher.

SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS then hit the Menu button and select FILTER, in the FILTER menu select ALL, you will then see an APP called HOME (which is your default launcher). Clear the Data and Cache of that app (HOME). If they are greyed out, you need to switch to using the home launcher first, to do this clear the defaults of LauncherPro and then hit the home button and the option will come up to use LP or the stock launcher, select the stock launcher and then you will be able to go back into the SETTINGS>APPLICATIONS>MANAGE APPLICATIONS menu (doing the filter thing again) and be able to clear the stock launchers defaults.

I selected ALL and trust me theres no home wtf , im pretty sure i bumped into it the first days with my milestone, u know checking around every option :icon_ banana:

Szadzik

Reaction score
I selected ALL and trust me theres no home wtf , im pretty sure i bumped into it the first days with my milestone, u know checking around every option :icon_ banana:

I have Home there. Make sure that after choosing all in filter you hit the sorting button twice to first sort by size and then return to sort by name.