Launcher Pro and Apps on the SD

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score
When I Use ADW, all the icons (on the home page) that are for apps that have been stored on the SD Card are the generic icons when I first boot up--then return to normal after a minute or so.

When I use Launcher Pro Plus, they STAY the generic icon (unless I go into the app drawer and replace it with the correct icon (which I am not going to do since I have about 30 apps on my SD Card.

Does anyone know how to fix this on LP or can you?

Darkseider

Reaction score
After a few minutes of uptime go to the launcher pro settings and then restart launcher pro. Fixed.

Darkseider

Reaction score
After a few minutes of uptime go to the launcher pro settings and then restart launcher pro. Fixed.

Oh, that is easy. Although I am assuming that is a temporary fix. Droid owners tend to reboot often it seems.

You aren't rebooting your phone. You are restarting Launcher Pro which takes a few seconds. So after you initially boot up the phone wait a few minutes then press the menu key when on the homescreen and you'll see the LP Settings menu next to your normal settings menu. When in the LP settings on the main page toward the bottom there is an option to restart Launcher Pro. That's it. As for temporary? No this is the only way to do it and has been for quite a while.

OP
Eddog4DROID

Eddog4DROID

Reaction score

Oh, that is easy. Although I am assuming that is a temporary fix. Droid owners tend to reboot often it seems.

You aren't rebooting your phone. You are restarting Launcher Pro which takes a few seconds. So after you initially boot up the phone wait a few minutes then press the menu key when on the homescreen and you'll see the LP Settings menu next to your normal settings menu. When in the LP settings on the main page toward the bottom there is an option to restart Launcher Pro. That's it. As for temporary? No this is the only way to do it and has been for quite a while.

I know it is not rebooting. I am saying, the next time I reboot, i will have to do this again.

So it is temporary in that if you reboot, you have to repeat this (yes, very simple) process. I wonder why ADW figured this out but not LP? They are both great Launchers.

Darkseider

Reaction score

I know it is not rebooting. I am saying, the next time I reboot, i will have to do this again.

So it is temporary in that if you reboot, you have to repeat this (yes, very simple) process. I wonder why ADW figured this out but not LP? They are both great Launchers.

Meh, don't fret. The dev. of Launcher Pro is redoing the whole thing from scratch. Hopefully he gets done for a nice Christmas present for my Droid. dancedroid

crspang

Reaction score

Droid owners reboot often? Really? My up-time right now is 143 hours. When I had a winmo phone I was lucky to have 23 hrs consecutive up-time.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App