Launcher choices

brianarmstrong1

Reaction score
So recently I have tried both ADW Launcher and Launcher Pro and was disappointed with both of them. Not because of their features or options, both had some real highlights that I'd love to have on my phone. My problem has been performance. It seems like navigating the home screen, whether it's moving from left to right to see other screens, or closing out an app to get back to the home screen, or even opening the app drawer to view apps, it seems like these all move very slowly. Often times I'll hit my Home button to get out of an app, let's say the Browser. The Browser closes, but then all i see is a blank screen for a few seconds (maybe 5 seconds, sometimes longer) and then my apps appear. This actually happens on the stock launcher as well. But there were enough slowdowns on the other two launchers that they were annoying and I had to go back to stock. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a setting or something I maybe have wrong? I've turned off all the special features that make transitions look prettier to help with performance, and this still happens.
Your help/thoughts are appreciated!

jdub515

Reaction score
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bu...draw-launcherpro-adw-credit-samsonite801.html

FIX: Reduce REDRAW with launcherpro/ADW *Credit to samsonite801
"Redraw" posts are coming up a lot in the v.5 thread; in an attempt to reduce some of these repetitive posts, I created a thread about it. Mods; I know you do not want multiple threads about single issues, so if this is unnecessary, I understand if it needs to be closed.

The below fix works in all ROM's I've used, including BB v.5. I did NOT come up with this fix;
Credit to samsonite801
If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal,
type su and enter.
Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter.
Then reboot.
Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag.

If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/ local.prop

I hope some people can use this.

worked like a charm haven't had any problems since.D1

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
very common issue across all roms. try this, from samsonite801 (it's worked wonders for me and many others):

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

Stiger

Reaction score
I tried ADW and Launcher Pro and I was also bugged by the laggy redraw of the home screen. I switched to Zeam Launcher and found it to be faster. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the others, but I find it quicker.

Esse2420

Reaction score
very common issue across all roms. try this, from samsonite801 (it's worked wonders for me and many others):

If you use ADW or LauncherPro and if after using your browser, email or any other apps for awhile, then if you press the 'HOME' button, if it takes forever to redraw your home screen, and you are sick of that HORRIBLE LAG, then try this: In a terminal, type su and enter. Then type echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 >> /data/local.prop and enter. Then reboot. Now evaluate whether or not this fixes your lag. If you want to undo what this command does, simply remove that toggle from: /data/local.prop

To remove the toggle: In Root Explorer, go to /data/, tap Mount R/W at the top, then long-press on local.prop and Open in Text Editor, then delete the line: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1.

What does it mean by "in a terminal"?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score

What does it mean by "in a terminal"?

Android Terminal Emulator - Android app on AppBrain