Latest pre-soak

pizza3

Reaction score
Maybe I was asked to participate in latest pre-soak from Motorola yesterday, and maybe I wasn't. They seemed particularly interested in whether or not I was rooted or ever had been, if I had been asked to respond. Am running 2.3.3 now, and maybe I'm not. Does anyone out there know what the nature of this update is, or maybe you don't.

myriad46

Reaction score
There were a lot of questions for the first soak. There weren't any confirmations of action taken against users for rooting or not. Remember this is Motrola's show, not Verizon. However, they need to know if the soak works, and if they are allowing people in all different situations to take the update, they would have a hard time separating out the legitimate bugs from ROM and root enduced problems. If you admit to being rooted or previously rooted, you may get passed over for the soak, but I woulnd't worry about getting the Verizon Cops called on you. You will also need to SBF to stock and then take the previous OTA for this soak to hit your phone, I imagine. Chances are, after the soak, you may not be able to SBF back. That has happened with other phones. Then you would have to wait for the current SBF to be released, which could take a while. If you need root, soak testing is not for you.