Latest Issue

sebadsl

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been posted before, but after several hours of searching, I could not find anyone with the same issue I am having.
Let me preface by saying that a few months ago, my Droid X fell right on the screen. No side damage, just cracked glass, but the phone worked perfectly. I finally decided to go online and buy the LCD, which came in. Opened my Droid X with the help of some online videos only to realize I needed the digitizer, not the LCD. Today, I got the digitizer and went through the same steps (except that the last screw wouldn't come out - going to have to drill it or something). Anyway, I put the phone back together just like last time, but now when turning it on, it will not go beyond the "M" Motorola logo. Everything I found online referring to this problem was due to hacks or upgrades, etc, which I have not done. Just in case though, I tried flashing the phone, but get the same problem. Have opened and closed up the phone several times since then, making sure cables are plugged in properly, but to no avail.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

PS3Gamer

Reaction score
Try holding the home button while starting the phone. Should have the option of a factory data reset. I believe this would be the first step in solving this. There could be better options but being on M logo you only can do so much.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

jellybean420

Reaction score
Sorry if it has been posted before, but after several hours of searching, I could not find anyone with the same issue I am having.
Let me preface by saying that a few months ago, my Droid X fell right on the screen. No side damage, just cracked glass, but the phone worked perfectly. I finally decided to go online and buy the LCD, which came in. Opened my Droid X with the help of some online videos only to realize I needed the digitizer, not the LCD. Today, I got the digitizer and went through the same steps (except that the last screw wouldn't come out - going to have to drill it or something). Anyway, I put the phone back together just like last time, but now when turning it on, it will not go beyond the "M" Motorola logo. Everything I found online referring to this problem was due to hacks or upgrades, etc, which I have not done. Just in case though, I tried flashing the phone, but get the same problem. Have opened and closed up the phone several times since then, making sure cables are plugged in properly, but to no avail.
Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Sebastian

I can't help but my question to you is why not pay 90 for insurance and get a replacement. Far less hassle.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
S

sebadsl

Reaction score
Try holding the home button while starting the phone. Should have the option of a factory data reset. I believe this would be the first step in solving this. There could be better options but being on M logo you only can do so much.

Sent using my Xmas present (Droid X)

Tried that... still goes straight to the M logo and nothing else. The only option that has worked is Camera Button+Volume DOwn Button+Power Button to get to the point where I flashed the phone with no luck...