Motorola Droid Maxx LCD help

IAmNotTheDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx
Hello everyone.

I seem to have run into an issue. I had dropped my warranty-less droid Maxx and the digitizer cracked. Fast forward several months and and I've attempted to repair it. I got all the parts I needed + adhesive. The issue is that I wasn't as careful as I should have been and ended up completely wrecking the LCD. I've tried to look online for any type of replacement but all I can seem to find is the Digitizer + LCD assembly which would cost me upwards of 150-200 buckaroos. I already have the parts, so I don't need more of the. I just need the LCD.

Is there /anywhere/ I can buy JUST the LCD for this phone? It could be online or physical, it doesn't matter.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Unfortunately finding just the LCD maybe difficult, if not possibly impossible. The only ways I've seen it sold are just as you found and that is coupled with the digitizer. The other option of course is to buy a dead phone that wont power up, but of course you run the risk that the reason it doesn't power up is because of a faulty display. I'm not in a very different situation than you with the Moto X & I have the busted digitizer. Unfortunately unlike you, I'm not interested in taking the risk of busting the LCD is well and so I've opted to wait until I can buy either a dead phone or get lucky and find the digitizer and LCD panel has a combined unit for cheap.

Sent from my Droid Turbo on Tapatalk.

OP
I

IAmNotTheDroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Droid Maxx
Unfortunately finding just the LCD maybe difficult, if not possibly impossible. The only ways I've seen it sold are just as you found and that is coupled with the digitizer. The other option of course is to buy a dead phone that wont power up, but of course you run the risk that the reason it doesn't power up is because of a faulty display. I'm not in a very different situation than you with the Moto X & I have the busted digitizer. Unfortunately unlike you, I'm not interested in taking the risk of busting the LCD is well and so I've opted to wait until I can buy either a dead phone or get lucky and find the digitizer and LCD panel has a combined unit for cheap.

Dangit. Thank you though, I was hoping there would be some type of site somewhere I hadn't found yet.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Dangit. Thank you though, I was hoping there would be some type of site somewhere I hadn't found yet.
Don't know, but I'll keep my eye out for you!