Laggy launcher (GB)

excellentnuke

Reaction score
I'm using the newly released GB MIUI and I just have to say that the launcher is really laggy unless I overclock my phone. Is there any way to fix this?

This is the only issue I have with this ROM. Other than the lag in the stock launcher, it runs smoothly and well.

Last edited:

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
This isn't really a fix, but launcher pro runs fairly snappy on the build. You could also try increasing the vm heap size. (VM Heap Size from the market or [APP] VM Heap Tool - give your apps more space to breathe! - xda-developers

IwBWow81JwATCgEIowESnyspAQCBACH5BAQFAAAALAAAAAAIAA8AAAdhgACCAAmCOoM4b4ccg0N8dQAZACgeAFUWIQ0DM3MKCGhQJ5NYKmgIB4MAHF4DgjtlZGolg2RYWGcoqYIXRAGDEiluZagAAxtQBUkZHRAAfnEAPQInL4MGJBEBkoIECg+qgQA7

doublea500

Reaction score
you two have very similar names (magiman7 and magiman7). they will probably fix this in newer miui versions. or maybe try a diff kernel

kamisan

Reaction score
Try increasing the vm heap from 32mb to 40. The latest gb release was lagging and fc'd alot until I did that. Vmheap tool is what I used to do it

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

porky101

Reaction score
when i was on 4.8 and had a theme as well as the 3D Cube launcher animation the launcher was really laggy. when flashed 4.15 i did not apply a theme or use the 3D cube animation and the launcher runs like it should.

altimax98

Reaction score
No lag here with Launcherpro Plus while running Transitions and 3D app launcher. Especially after the newest update it runs silky smooth. I also run 200 Density.

Icculus760

Reaction score
Try increasing the vm heap from 32mb to 40... Vmheap tool is what I used to do it Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

This worked for me - no lag, no more refreshes...just smoooooooth.
thanks!