Ladies and Gentlemen...

MConstabile

Reaction score
I just wanted to post really quick to introduce myself. My name is Mike. I'm 28, live in Westchester and work in Manhattan. I am the proud owner of a new Motorola Android and have to say that I am not only impressed, but completely and utterly hooked.

I first purchased the Droid Eris (read "SUCK") from Verizon as part of my "New Every 2". I had the EnV2 prior. The Eris was garbage, giving me rediculous errors from day on. On day 22, I brought it back to verizon. Essentially, I received the Motorola Android for nothing, have two $100 rebates coming in the mail, and the guy fully refunded money that I didn't even spend back to my debit card... So basically, when all is said and done, Verizon essentially paid me approx $150 to upgrade from the Eris to the Android.

I must say, I thought the Eris was pretty cool (when it worked) but the Android beats it like a red headed step child. I can't wait for Kernel 2.2 to drop. I hear that it might occur on 6/24/10 for those in the NY Metro area. Any confirmation of this? I can't believe how fast it is now, and cannot wait to see it going 2-5 times faster. My friends with IPhones are beyond jealous. Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself. I look forward to participating in this forum. Thank you.

Mike C

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

2.2 AKA froyo is avail now if you root:icon_eek: not saying you should but thid forum is full of helpful people if you decide to make the jump

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. FYI, the Eris was discontinued today.

Samurai26

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

2.2 AKA froyo is avail now if you root:icon_eek: not saying you should but thid forum is full of helpful people if you decide to make the jump

FYI, Froyo (Android v.2.2) was just released today and your phone should soon prompt you to perform a system update!

armeddroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

FYI, Froyo (Android v.2.2) was just released today and your phone should soon prompt you to perform a system update!

Uh what? The official OTA?

from Tapatalk widget

VitsDroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

Uh what? The official OTA?

from Tapatalk widget

i think it was just the source code.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

That just means it's open for developers. Motorola has to make it work for the Droid.

It's no indication of an immediate release.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums..

source code only... not OTA that will be mid summer

hook beat me to it..

OP
M

MConstabile

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where I have to go to change my user icon, sig, etc? I've been looking and cannot locate. Thanks in advance.

In regards to rooting, I probably won't be doing that right now.

Glad to hear that they discontinued that POS Eris... I literally had it for 22 days and was like, "Hell to the No"...

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
go to quick links on top of browser everything you need to do is there