Lack of...

clueless77

Reaction score
I have noticed a lack of developers posting here, (ROMs, kernels, etc). I can only assume its because the S3 was distributed to just about every carrier and this forum is dedicated to Verizon devices.

xm41907

Reaction score
I have noticed a lack of developers posting here, (ROMs, kernels, etc). I can only assume its because the S3 was distributed to just about every carrier and this forum is dedicated to Verizon devices.

There us a ton of development going on via XDA and Rootzwiki

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Oh yes I know, that's where I'm getting all my stuff from. I was just saying its odd that there's none on this particular forum

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have noticed this after coming back to this site after being off for a while,,,this site is just as good as any other and should deserve more dev attention. I am bringing some of my themed apps and work over here in hopes to bring it alittle lol and hope others follow!

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
With forums like XDA and Rootzwiki, seems we are a bit forgotten in the dev department. Not to mention each device pretty much has their own dedicated forum as well.

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I know right,,,every phone seems to have its own site! I remember DF as one of the founding droid sites in the old days! We need to restore its glory!

With forums like XDA and Rootzwiki, seems we are a bit forgotten in the dev department. Not to mention each device pretty much has their own dedicated forum as well.

davidnc

Reaction score
I think this forum has alot of information though.I dont really Rom hop as much as I use to .Both my Vzw devces are runing a version of Jellybean tho(Galaxy Nexus JB 4.2.1) and (Galaxy S3 JB 4.1.1).I will probably flash JB 4.2.2 on both of them once I see Roms I like using that version of JB though :biggrin:.
Actually I dont post much on any forum as much as I use to but havent forgotten this forum either.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I know right,,,every phone seems to have its own site! I remember DF as one of the founding droid sites in the old days! We need to restore its glory!
Haha yeah definitely one of the original Android forums out there, but Android has come a long way in the few short years it's been out (or at least been a hit with the public).

Alot of people come here for help still and keep the board alive. Definitely used to be more active in the old days though

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Heck I am trying to do my part and post my themes here...maybe you can help me,,,how to get themer designation here? I have themed a lot over at XDA and Rootz and would like it here too.

Haha yeah definitely one of the original Android forums out there, but Android has come a long way in the few short years it's been out (or at least been a hit with the public).

Alot of people come here for help still and keep the board alive. Definitely used to be more active in the old days though

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
There are some devs and themers who can be found on our sister site Galaxy S3 Forum

Camblue you should check it out there and I've also posted in the back room here about you and being a themer on here, and on S3 Forums if you'd be interested.

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Thank you very much! Just set up and account on the Galaxy S3 site and porting over my stuff now!

There are some devs and themers who can be found on our sister site Galaxy S3 Forum

Camblue you should check it out there and I've also posted in the back room here about you and being a themer on here, and on S3 Forums if you'd be interested.

debrad0307

Reaction score
It's funny you guys mention the lack of devs for the S3. About a month ago I had posted info on a rom I flashed and thought that I might get some responses on where to download and how to flash. Turns out I got nothing. I'm wondering if not that many people rom their S3. Before I did it I was really hesitant because I thought the phone was perfect. Turns out there is a lot more potential in the S3 and romming it unlocks that potential :)

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I did notice that on some other sites,,,the dev community and themers for that matter are sometimes monogamous about what sites they dev on. I am trying to get more to come here and dev and spread the wealth!

It's funny you guys mention the lack of devs for the S3. About a month ago I had posted info on a rom I flashed and thought that I might get some responses on where to download and how to flash. Turns out I got nothing. I'm wondering if not that many people rom their S3. Before I did it I was really hesitant because I thought the phone was perfect. Turns out there is a lot more potential in the S3 and romming it unlocks that potential :)

Sent from my Synergized SCH-I535

OP
clueless77

clueless77

Reaction score
Honestly I stopped looking here for anything really. I check in to see if there's something I can help with. I actually am pretty sure I even got trolled here in a thread where I was just trying to help. I'm no dev but I do know my way around rooting and romming.

camblue

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This was the first droid site I ever went onto and left for a while to go on rootz and XDA which are good sites too, but this one has just as much potential as the others! I like it!