Anyone disappointed by the lack of...

styx

Reaction score
I"m not sure what you are getting at. I have an Ipod Touch and almost every app, in ratings, has as many 1 stars as it does 5. There's a lot of useless junk as apps on both platforms as far as I can see.

jbsangel

Reaction score
I have only tested about 30 apps from the marketplace, and kept i guess 20 of them. The only one that stands out in my mind as just an awesome gui is newsroom, which I coincidentally didn't even end up keeping. It is very polished and just so aesthetically pleasing to look at. *Le sigh* it doesn't sync with anything in the cloud, so I didn't keep it. I like to look at my feeds from the computer and only look at them on the phone when I'm away from a pc. Plus, there are times when I want to star something to view later on the pc. Since newsroom doesn't sync with anything, this isn't an option. I couldn't bring myself to spend $5 for something just because it looked pretty. But I *really* liked the interface and wish more devs would put that kind of effort into the ui of their apps.

I don't see how the ui of screebl really matters, its a set it and forget it app.

I was most horrified by the ui of some of the games i loaded. Some of them look like something straight of the days of pong. Not that I didn't like pong, but pong has no place on the stunning screen of my Droid.

Sodner

Reaction score
Google should have done what Apple did (to a point) and limit the number of android OS phones.

How many are out already and how many are due out? One reason the iphone is so successful has to be that there is really only one of them. One hardware config to worry about, one OS to worry about. Android OS should have the DROID (Keyboard) and NEXUS 1 (No Keybaord) and thats it. Is Apple having trouble selling only one model? Hell no! Make it easier for developers. To many hardware configurations, OS versions, etc. Plus the Android open development lets developers create what they want. There is no orginazation, no "similar" look or feel to any applications. (Unless they are fron the same developer.) You want "open" well this is what you get.

Last edited:

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm not so sure that the number of Android devices has anything to do with the visual appearance of GUI's of Android apps though... And, really, if Android is going to just copy Apple's approach then why bother with Android in the first place?

I agree with RW-1 that I'd rather have the selection and ability to make my own decisions rather than have Apple decide for me (not that their app store doesn't have it share of junk apps). I just wish that the Marketplace had better tools for sifting through the apps. Being able to sort via different criteria would be a massive plus IMO.

Anyone disappointed by the lack of application development and the horrible GUIs on almost every app.
Not really but I think my expectations are a bit more realistic as Android is still in its early stages. That and I'm very selective of the apps that I use. I'm not saying that all of them have the best possible UI. Some are quite basic. However, more polished apps will come with time and as Android's popularity grows.

Last edited: