koush got droid x recovery bootstrap app ready to release!!!!

skram7735

Reaction score
Just a warning. After i installed it, i used* 228 option 2, i went to sleep and wokeup to the google account not activated to the phone, and i am unable to establish a connection to the google servers. I'm able to use pandora and the internet so im not sure why it cannot connect. There is no 3g activity in the notification bar when it is trying to connect.

I tried using wifi but it just sat there and i didn't have time to wait for it

Sent from my DROIDX

tony1208

Reaction score
Just a warning. After i installed it, i used* 228 option 2, i went to sleep and wokeup to the google account not activated to the phone, and i am unable to establish a connection to the google servers. I'm able to use pandora and the internet so im not sure why it cannot connect. There is no 3g activity in the notification bar when it is trying to connect.

Sent from my DROIDX

Just backed up my x and i had no problems..all google accounts work fine....

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score

Sent from my DROIDX

All we need to do is install the APk from the market?

MrDonBonJovi

Reaction score
Doing a back up as we speak! Thanks guys! Good job Koush!

I knew it would only be a matter of time before we got a way to get into this Droid X. CyanogenMod and I will be very very happy!

skram7735

Reaction score
Just a warning. After i installed it, i used* 228 option 2, ..................cation bar when it is trying to connect.

Sent from my DROIDX

Did u try updating roaming by using* 228 option 2 after i did that i had to reactivate the phone and it still refuses to connect to the servers through 3g or wifi. I've tried multiple times and it always times out

Sent from my DROIDX

skram7735

Reaction score
I was able to fix the problem i encountered after *228 by using a backup i performed as soon as i initally booted into clockworkmod but i still don't know why *228 option 2 would cause a problem with connecting to the google servers or why it deactivated my phone in the first place.

Has anybody else had this problem?

S

scrub175

Coming from the OG Droid root... I have been waiting for the droid x to get squared away with recovery before I rooted. Is there a preferred method? I see an app one click or with terminal emulator. I'm willing to bet the TE one is the best approach or do they both simply enable root? After root I will open bootstrap. I went with the market app for bootstrap, cause it costs $2 and every little bit I can give back helps the devs.